Am I an ASS

I recently sold my 2004 KX250F(fixed all major problems, revalved susp., fluidyne rads, PC water pump cover, and a beefier clutch).

Is it wrong that I sold it to him with the absence of this piece information, it will need new valves and valve springs next time the valves need to be re-shimmed. I sold it to him for $3900 Can. ; about 1000 dollars cheaper than other comparable 2004 KX250Fs. Am i an ass?

well like i said on the other one.... i just shouldn't say anything.....

If you sold it full price without warner yes. Since you gave him about $1000 off.. not really. Although as a buyer, I would like to know that info.

The fact that you made 2 threads, I would say yes.

Does anyone understand the term "Caveat Emptor"????

Google it, and learn.

Its Latin for "Let the buyer beware".

As a buyer, IF I were knowledgeable I'd have the seller pull the cover so I can check myself.

Otherwise its a sellers market. If you don't know enough about what your buying you'll likely get burned.

Let me ask you this. Did you recently shim the thing just so it would start for him, and maybe one ride after?

Buying a bike second hand is "buyer beware" When I sell a bike I tell people about it strengths, not weaknesses. Its up to the buyer to check the condition, and ask the questions. Although I won't rig a bike up for a sale either.

When buying a 4-stroke I assume that it needs valves and figure that into the price. I wouldn't have been pissed, I assume the worst as a buyer.

Your not an ass. Anytime you purchase a used machine, you should be prepared to spend some money on it. :applause:

Google it, and learn.

Let the buyer beware.. that was on my semester final in latin. :applause:

Let the buyer beware.. that was on my semester final in latin. :lol:

Aha, another product of the parochial school system!:applause:

Google it, and learn.

noun: a commercial principle that without a warranty the buyer takes upon himself the risk of quality

Agree 100% with wronskain, just asume that it needs valves and some other things as a buyer and you wont have to worry about it. It is used you know...

Am i an ass?

What were your intentions?

to disclose everything above the board with an absent minded oversight?

or to hold that ace up your sleeve and only disclose it under direct questioning?

Just remember, Karma is a two faced bitch, you never know when or how you will geet paid back. Intentions carry alot of weight. :applause:

AAhhh Karma,everything has a way of evening it self out.Perhaps you should be aware when you make your next purchase.It is not always payback in the same form .Next time you get screwed you may just wonder back to this moment.

I would say if your withholding info to the buyer that is going to damage the bike, that could be fixed before it does any more damage than YES your an ass.

Your an ass. but who cares you have $3900!!!!!!!! that should make you feel alot better!!!!

Lets see the guy paid $3900 for a bike he may only get to ride a few times and you knew,no ass is too nice a word...