Sign in to follow this  

Double Base Gaskets

Allright- you guys that have tried double base gaskets to soften the hit- how well did it work? Did you like it? I'm considering it but I don't want to make it too mellow. Just to keep the front end down while amongst the trees!

Double base gaskets will raise the port timing. You will sacrifice some low end but gain more top end. It also lowers the compression a little bit and the engine will run a little cooler. Give a shot and try it, its a cheap and easy way to alter the power band.

Double base gaskets is probably better suited for flatout ripping accross deserts. For the woods I would recommend a power blade/ power now. They take the hit out by boosting up the bottom end torque so that it transfers smoother, win win in my books. :applause:

Some guys I know have tried up to three gaskets and shaved the head. There bikes seem to really rip. Would there be any draw back to this

Some guys I know have tried up to three gaskets and shaved the head. There bikes seem to really rip. Would there be any draw back to this

As mentioned earlier, you would be raising the port timing. It may rip on top but you would be giving away bottom end,