how about this helmet camera package?

I couldn't find any threads on this specific helmet cam setup. Other than not being lanc compatible, is there anything that I may be missing? What do ya'll think? http://www.helmetcamera.com/

I've been looking at that setup myself. They were used by the ECEA kids harescramble series to get helmetcam footage at some of races there. I'm really interested in the DVR setup with the high capacity battery and all the equipment mounts in a fanny pack. A little spendy, but a very nice setup.

Does that kit have a remote control for on off? Or do you have to open the pack and turn the recorder on and off? What is the lanc?

Higher will always be better

thats crazy looking

look like a darth vader breather helmet to me

thats crazy looking

look like a darth vader breather helmet to me

You do realize that you would only be buying the camera equipment....Not the helmet.....Don't you?

You do realize that you would only be buying the camera equipment....Not the helmet.....Don't you?

i would need a helmet too

the one i have it too big

and no

i didnt realize

chalk one up to the blondeness of my brain

and no

i didnt realize

chalk one up to the blondeness of my brain

L.O.L. That's funny....We all have our moments.:applause:

My brother has the camera from them. Its awesome. I think I am gonna get the whole package deal with the mini dv recorder. That looks awesome.

My buddy has that same set up - works great. We mainly use it at track days and an occasional day in the dirt. No issues whatsoever. I am kicking around the idea of getting one myself.

L.O.L. That's funny....We all have our moments.:applause:

some of us more than others

i must have done that like 5 times today

the only thing good about the wireless one's is the sound.DON'T waist your money.That extreme kit is worth the money,watch the vids,speakes for itself.Thanks for the heads up brinker and xylicon

I have a Samsung helmet camera set up (recorder and helmet camera) can't remember exactly what it is but i've used it once or twice before when i have time to set it up and play with it. quality is pretty good and I've used it for my street bike and KLX trail riding.

http://www.digitalcamera-hq.com/camcorders/samsung-scx105l_reviews.html

some reviews well put too...

1) the stock battery has a 20-30 minute life when using as camcorder and extended life battery only became widely available one month ago in the US

2) still camera takes poor quality fuzzy photos

3) helmet cam does not operate in below freezing conditions - suspect it's something to do with the separate helmet cam battery

4) helmet cam video is of pretty poor quality vs some of the standalone helmet cam products out there. I

I use the Twenty20 camera system with a Sony recorder (LANC compatible) with a remote. Works great for me.