Ahhh!!!!

well, i havent been on here in a while. so since the last time i "posted" i HAVE ridin...quite a bit. well i was blastin down this country road that i live on...all of a sudden i let off the throttle and my engine clanks and then stalls. so i pull over let it cool down then i go to turn it over, so the engien spins and i know it has spark and fuel (because it actually tried to turn over

) but whenever i was pushing the starter buton i could hear/feel the engien turning but i heard a very abrupt clankity clankity soudn (somethin like that) im almost POSSITIVE it sounded like the cam chain was slapping against its gaurds. im REALLY hoping that my tension adjuster just gave out and/or the cam chain has streched to the max and its tiem for a new one. i hoep its not something bigger/more expensive than that. im gunna wash the biek and take it apart this weekend to see whats up. ill report back.

im very sad =[

Sounds like what happened to me about a year ago. My tensiner was getting wore out and the timing chain was all stretched out and loose and came off while I was going down my driveway. ? The damage included a bent exhaust valve so I had to take the motor out and take off the top end and replaace the bent valve, timing chain, and timing gears. Thankfully it didn't damage anything else but it was a real pain in the ass. :applause:

Ahh yes. When modding, it eventually all falls apart. There is a reason things are the way they are from the factory.

The thing is, you have to be ready to warranty your own vehicle once you start modding it. I know TONS of guys who modded the crap out of thir cars abuuse them and blew the motor or tranny and then want the dealer to warranty it and complain how cheap brand X car is.

Man I hope it is nothig too bad. Good news is bikes and bike parts are really cheap in the grand scheme.

What does this have to do with your problems now?

Remember this when you want to put a turbo kit on your Civic LOL.

Keep us posted brotha!

Ahh yes. When modding, it eventually all falls apart. There is a reason things are the way they are from the factory.

The thing is, you have to be ready to warranty your own vehicle once you start modding it. I know TONS of guys who modded the crap out of thir cars abuuse them and blew the motor or tranny and then want the dealer to warranty it and complain how cheap brand X car is.

Man I hope it is nothig too bad. Good news is bikes and bike parts are really cheap in the grand scheme.

What does this have to do with your problems now?

Remember this when you want to put a turbo kit on your Civic LOL.

Keep us posted brotha!

How true. I wish I had a penny for every dollar I poured into a couple of hot rods I had back in the "old days". Sure was fun though.

alright well theirs good news and bad news. the good news is that i just saved tons of money on my car insurance by switching to geico...no jk..lol

but the good news is thatthe head (cam, chain, rocker arms, valves) are all un-harmed...i wish i could say that for the piston/cylinder. the bad news is well..just take a look.

cylinderscored.jpg

yea thats my cylinder, the scratches look worse than they are but you definitly feel them with you finger.

pistonscratched.jpg

and thats my $150 high comp piston...pretty much trashed. it doesnt look that bad but its got huge gouges in 2 sides of it.

alright so heres what happened. the connecting rod somehow liek welded its self to the piston pin right. liek its really welded i can barly pivot it a tiny bit. i cant even get the dam pin out of the piston. so the connecting rod doesnt even pivot seperatly from the piston so the piston was pivoting inside the cylinder and scraping the shit out the walls of the cylinder. hence the massive gouges. and heres what im pretty sure the culpret is. when i took my cylinder in to get it honed, i kinda got this vibe that the guy who was doing the work didnt exactly know what i was talking about. he was kind of a hill billy kinda guy to (god i hate kentuckians) but i didnt really think much of it. so case and point i think the guy maybe somehow screwed up when he honed it and the piston rings didnt set properly and oil was getting past the rings and was burning??? thats the only thing i could of and im pretty sure its accurate cause when i draiend the oil i only got 10 to MAYBE 15 ounces out..and thats pushin it. now i know i put about 35 ounces in their cause i didnt change the oil but 2 weeks before this happend. soooo yea.

i just really hope that none of my head stuff (cam, rockers, etc.) as damaged cause of the absence of oil...they looked fine to me...looked to be normal wear.

pretty pissed...im not really blaming anybody...and if i do its gunna be myself (and maybe the fab guy)

hahah yea i wish...

well if it turns out that the cylinder is gunna have to be ground out that much then i geuss i will get a big bore kit. but the cylidner isnt really that bad, its not really gouged, its more like metal from the piston rubed off on the cylinder, so theirs clumps of raised metal on the cylinder wall.

mmm....i had prolly about 3-5 hours on it after the oil change. and when i did change it, the amount that came out was about the same as it usually was. i didnt notice a huge amount gone...then again i had only run the engine maybe an hour since i got the mods in with THAT oil.