2005-2007 DR-Z400SuperMotard

Hey guys,

Quick but stupid question, is there any major difference between the 3 year models? I've come across a perfect 2005 model, just wanted to know if I'm better off getting a 06' or 07' over it?

If the changes are minor I might just stick with the 05' model.

Look forward to your replies.

Cheers,

Matt

Get the 05,there are no changes except for what Jboat said... real minor stuff...

Plus the 05 graphics were the best IMHO, especially the yellow/red -I can't stand the 06 Yellow/Blue scheme.

ok we can differ on opinion from 05 to o6...as long as we are united that YELLOW is the best :applause:

I wish I could get the yellow one but Aus never got it! It's easy to change plastics but from the E model.

The 05' I'm going to look at, the dealer actually put the blue plastics off the S model on it for the owner, looks good and a bit different also.

The guy has advertised it as an 05' model, it was built in November 05'. It has the clear blinkers and he told me he hasn't modified the bike in any way, except the dealer changed the plastics for him on purchase. Would this in fact be an 06' model?

I'll let you know how I go.

Cheers,

Matt

no, black makes you LOOK faster. ilsrwy27 and i RIDE faster....no black needed!:applause:

For historical reasons, a YELLOW Suzuki develops at least 30% more power than any other color.

Also the proper set of stickers gives a 5% to 10% RWHP increase.

You guys should know that, don't you ever read the forum stickies?!?

Of course black not being a color (since it's achromatic and does not refract any light wave lenght) escapes this rule...

But as zac949 said, he and I are still the fastest SM riders around which makes the color debate a moot point?