Sign in to follow this  

alpinestar tech 2's

Well if aplinestar made them they must be the top of the line. A friend saw them in indy and was like they are the raddest boots for a pit bike ever. He said he liked them alot more than his slammers but I haven't heard of any reviews of performance

I still think I will go with the slammers

Yep I bought the slammers and don't regret it one bit. I personally don't like the A stars at all. Looks like a hiking boot with some buckles grafted on as an afterthought.

wow, they look like a knock off of some other boot manufacture....right? I mean somebody else had the half boot idea first....what's the worl coming to first pit bikes....now apperal....:applause:

Alpine stars quality has really gone down the $hitter in the last cpl yrs, i hope these hold up better then there tech 8 & 10's

I have a set of THOR 50/50'S and they are by far the best ive found yet!!! TECH 2's weigh about 4 lbs more than the 50/50. cost more too

I have a set of THOR 50/50'S and they are by far the best ive found yet!!! TECH 2's weigh about 4 lbs more than the 50/50. cost more too

X2 Agreed

Yep I bought the slammers and don't regret it one bit. I personally don't like the A stars at all. Looks like a hiking boot with some buckles grafted on as an afterthought.

I would have to agree :applause:

do the thor 50/50 boots have any anckle support? i'm new to the pitbike world and just bought a new pair of fox mx boots and having a little trouble breaking them in while riding. cant use the back brake, shifting is fine just cant stop!! for me i want max support and protection. like i said after getting into the sport i see most people wearing shoes or the 50/50 boots.

tried out both the thor 50/50 and axo slammer at the shop yesterday. Thor 50/50 very comfortable, very light, kind of felt like a hiking boot with more support. Axo slammer, felt heavy and very stiff, actually they felt stiffer than my tech 8s. i am waiting to try the alpinestars and hopefully they are somewhere in between, more support than the thors, but more comfortable than the axos.

are the 50/50 boots just like a hiking or work boot without any anckle support, say if your foot was to get cought in a rut??

I decided on the slammers they only had white or skulls in my size went with the skulls heh heh