Sign in to follow this  

frame paint

i cant seem to find the yamaha blue frame paint for a 02 250f in the tt store. i haven't used the tt store much so any help will b appericated. thanks.

Had my frame powder coated, but did not get it dark enough. Told the guy I wanted YZ Blue but he had no clue what color that was. I picked out a color from the chart but it is not dark enough.

Had my frame powder coated, but did not get it dark enough. Told the guy I wanted YZ Blue but he had no clue what color that was. I picked out a color from the chart but it is not dark enough.

I bought some a while back and I think I got it from DinnisKirk.com

I bought some a while back and I think I got it from DinnisKirk.com

dennis jerk you mean?

free shipping my ass!!! they charge you 50 bucks for something that takes a month or two to get to ya

www.denniskirk.com is the site, i dont like em anymore

Paint code F8578 is REALLY close to the factory color. I just painted my whole frame. I had them use the color matching machine to get that paint code off my frame.

i cant seem to find the yamaha blue frame paint for a 02 250f in the tt store. i haven't used the tt store much so any help will b appericated. thanks.

are you just hoping to use it to touch up a few areas, or have you stripped the bike down to the frame?

how does the powdercoating hold up?

Very well. I bought some grame guards that only protected the lower portion of the frame, and on the top there were scratches from the boots.

Holds up much better than the stock Yamaha junk. It's super thick!

are you just hoping to use it to touch up a few areas, or have you stripped the bike down to the frame?

just touching up a few spots. i found some on rockymountainmc. tried to set up a link but it wont work.

The PJ1 paint at Rocky Mountain matches very well. Be sure to also get a can of the clear topcoat. It doesn't have good wear resistance, but it goes on easily and dries quickly. You might be able to find some at a local Yamaha dealer. This stuff http://www.clear-guard.com/bulkmaterial.asp helps with protecting it, but it's a bit on the flimsy side and wears through faster than some of the thicker products.

nvm i cant get the paint shipped over the border to Canada anyways. cant send chemicals. anyways thanks for the replies

hey, i have an 2006 crf250r and i want to paint the frame a sorta flst black what is the best way to do this, with good paint that will stick and is not got to be to cost worthy to do, did u take your frame somewhere or did yall do them your self

hey, i have an 2006 crf250r and i want to paint the frame a sorta flst black what is the best way to do this, with good paint that will stick and is not got to be to cost worthy to do, did u take your frame somewhere or did yall do them your self

Your best bet would be to get the frame anodized black. If your going to go through the trouble to take every single part off the frame to paint it, you may as well go the extra step and anodize it, it lasts 10 times longer. And I don't mean the anodizing junk paint, I mean send it to a shop to be anodized for like $300.

I just got my frame powder coated black along with the swingarm and subframe for 220 + the 4% gay cali hazardous evnironmental fee crap. And it looks great :applause: