Sign in to follow this  

Brakepedal problem- Tc450-07

Hey!

I have a little problem, my brakepedal is ALREADY bent!?!.. I´ve ridden 5hours exactly.. And I haven´t made any big ones at all..

Is the material in the pedal realy that bad.. It seemes to be REALLY easy to brake it..:applause:

Here comes the question.. Is there any aftermarket one? Or is this just a "manufacture fault" and I should go with another original one?..

Thanks!

// Anders

is it the forged Al arm or the steel tip?? I have sheared 3 tips off in 2 years with no real crashes doing it,,,just hit some trail rocks.

is it the forged Al arm or the steel tip?? I have sheared 3 tips off in 2 years with no real crashes doing it,,,just hit some trail rocks.

I actually think it´s both..

The crashes I have made is just laying the bike down, No huge jumpcrash or something like that..

So I can change the "steel tip" without changing the whole pedal?, I´ve seen a hole in the forged arm that is a little bit in front of the hole where the steel tip is placed now, if that hole is ment for making the brakepedal longer it would be great..

// Anders

Hey guys,

I've had similar problems with my rear pedal. You can buy a KTM steel tip and bolt it on using the hole that the stock Husky tip is riveted through.

I used a tip off of an 03 525, later model KTM's bolt from the top not the side though so if you order it be sure that it bolts from the side.

My 06 TC450 nearly wore a hole in the engine cover, needs a coat of epoxy to repair. Caught that at about 4 hours and adjusted the pedal down to clear. No crashes, stock set up on pedal height. Add this to your "must do" new bike prep.