Sign in to follow this  

Tenn ISDE Qualifer questions.

Mr. Rudder,

I have signed up LOI at the Tenn. ISDE Qualifer.

I noticed that you are on row 64.

I watched the Paul Neff video to get sense of the terrain.

Are there any local "secrets" to racing in a enduro in that area?

Is there deep water?

Are the trees so tight that my chest protector should have shoulder and arm padding?

By the way, Good Luck

if its at westpoint again this yr, the terrain includes alot of slick clay,mixed with rock. there is alot of water there to possibly run through,so waterproof it. i'd say tire selection is gonna be the key,i know dwight's gonna say pirelli scorpion pro fnt and mt16 rr,but on my last trip there i actually had a scorpion pro fnt on and i wasn't impressed with its performance on the muddy rocks;although great on straight up clay.

Thanks for the info NC.

I kind of like the mystery but it doesn't hurt to have an idea.

I always use mainly the Pirelli Scorpion Pro Front or the MT16 front. I lean to the MT16 front for rockier conditions like WestPoint, TN. I think I may experiment with the Scropion Pro rear FIM / ISDE tire, with low (8-10 psi) air pressure.

I always wear Shoulder and Arm protection. If not for the trees , the rocks.

Dwight

Dwight....how should a C rider go about this race? I know that it is different than a normal enduro...but how will it be setup? Something about a test section that will be a few miles long, where you go fast as you can...I really dont know what it is

Dwight....how should a C rider go about this race? I know that it is different than a normal enduro...but how will it be setup? Something about a test section that will be a few miles long, where you go fast as you can...I really dont know what it is

It is actually easier than a normal enduro. Go to the SERA SUNDAY part of the 2 day and have fun. You really don't even need to use your computer. Just know what time you should be at the checks and use your watch.

Dwight

Mr. Rudder,

By the way, Good Luck

I will be on Row 61 #61B

Dwight

Mr. Rudder,

I have signed up LOI at the Tenn. ISDE Qualifer.

I watched the Paul Neff video to get sense of the terrain.

Are there any local "secrets" to racing in a enduro in that area?

Is there deep water?

Are the trees so tight that my chest protector should have shoulder and arm padding?

By the way, Good Luck

I ride there alot. I would go with a michelin s12 set up. The special tests will be in the woods. No grass tracks. Short bars. Watch out for the stumps. Take it easy on your tires between sections and you should be able to ride both days without changing tires. Good luck.