My KLX is gone -- sold to the only bidder

It was a great first dirt bike, but was now taking up garage space. I was riding it only to justify my still having it. The one time I loaned it to friends they couldn't start it.

My loss of love for it was its power was lacking. Once I got a taste of the YZ426 power and learned not to fear it, the KLX became a tad boring.

Bye KLX .... :applause:

BTW, 1997 KLX, running fine and no issues, a few common mods, not pretty, but intact, went for $1700. I bought it 2+ years ago for $2400, Grrrrrr!

And I bought it!!!

I didn't know you were on this forum. Anyway, I look forward to taking care of your old bike. Couldn't wipe the grin off my face the whole way home. Part of that was it was cold enough to freeze my face solid, but mostly it was the bike.

See you on the trail :applause:

Atrovent? Are you a RT or something.

And I bought it!!!

I didn't know you were on this forum. Anyway, I look forward to taking care of your old bike. Couldn't wipe the grin off my face the whole way home. Part of that was it was cold enough to freeze my face solid, but mostly it was the bike.

See you on the trail :applause:

You will enjoy the bike. It's got tractor like power down low which I really liked for climbing moderate hills. I'm still a little afraid of hills on the YZ. Glad you made it home. :lol:

My KLX 650 is still for sale here in TT section. Not willing to break up spare parts to sell it cheaper. Will just keep riding it until sold. It is a lot of fun.:applause:

It was a great first dirt bike, but was now taking up garage space. I was riding it only to justify my still having it. The one time I loaned it to friends they couldn't start it.

My loss of love for it was its power was lacking. Once I got a taste of the YZ426 power and learned not to fear it, the KLX became a tad boring.

Bye KLX .... :applause:

BTW, 1997 KLX, running fine and no issues, a few common mods, not pretty, but intact, went for $1700. I bought it 2+ years ago for $2400, Grrrrrr!

You got $1700 for a 10 year old bike, sounds like you got a pretty decent price!

sorry about the loss. hope the YZ does you good. but you know that that is a track bike. just to let you know. good luck riding.

Been thinking about our extra bikes for a while - any opinions about craigs list vs ebay? At least it sounds like you sold it on ebay based on the thread title...

Been thinking about our extra bikes for a while - any opinions about craigs list vs ebay? At least it sounds like you sold it on ebay based on the thread title...

CraisList for local items (i.e. bikes, furniture, appliances, equipement, tools, etc.)

Ebay (small or rare items, collectibles, valuables, etc.)

sorry about the loss. hope the YZ does you good. but you know that that is a track bike. just to let you know. good luck riding.

Yep, had I known, I'd have bought a WR, but with the desert tank, it is quite capable in the open desert. It is a mean brute, which is part of the fun. :applause:

The aftermarket kickstand help a lot. :lol:

DaYZ.jpg

CraisList for local items (i.e. bikes, furniture, appliances, equipement, tools, etc.)

Ebay (small or rare items, collectibles, valuables, etc.)

Been a while since been on craigs list - they have an auction feature? Is that where you sold your bike?

Been a while since been on craigs list - they have an auction feature? Is that where you sold your bike?

Yes, CraigList!

Confusion -- "Only Bidder" == only real offer.

CraisList is full of flakes. Only bidder means, only guy that was serious about buying it. That means, actually showed up, actually road the bike, actually had money to buy. I had 10s of email interests, lots of phone calls, lots of schedualed meetings, several dubious offers (i.e. scams), that included some shipping extra information, etc...

Thanks! :applause:

Been there.... not fun...