Off roader does good deed in ILLEGAL riding area CA

Off-roader rescues raped woman, left for dead with cut throat

By BEAU YARBROUGH

Staff Writer

She was taken into the desert. She was beaten. She was raped. Her throat was slashed. And she was left for dead.

But she lived.

Hearing an off-road vehicle after her rapist had left the scene, the Hesperia woman raised herself up and as she bled from the injuries to her head and neck, flagged down the off-roader for help.

Now San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Deputies have arrested Michael Allen Thompson, 31, for the rape and attempted murder of a female acquaintance on Monday afternoon.

Deputies and San Bernardino County Fire Department officials responded to the off-roader’s 911 call and the woman was transported from the Honda Valley—where off-roading is banned by city ordinance—to Arrowhead Regional Medical Center, where she underwent treatment for her injuries.

“She is in stable condition, she’s gone through some reconstructive surgery, and she’s expected to recover,” sheriff’s department spokeswoman Roxanne Walker said Thursday. And, perhaps most importantly, “she was able to assist detectives in the investigation.”

Thompson was arrested and is currently in West Valley Detention Center with bail set at $2 million. He has been charged with kidnapping, rape, attempted murder, oral copulation and two counts of penetration with foreign objects, including dirt and sticks.

“Had it not been for [the off-roader], it could have had a very different turn-out,” Walker said. “So thank goodness he did the right thing.”

Scott Stephens contributed to this report.

Beau Yarbrough can be reached at 956-7108 or at beau@hesperiastar.com.

Yikes!

------------------------------------------

In the no good deed goes unpunished world we live in -- are they going to site the rider for riding in an illegal area and confiscate his motorcycle?

That's the policy here. In the City They can fine $300 1st time take your bike the second... To many folks moved out here thinking it was 1970.. kids on PWEE 50's riding down the street... did not bother me ,, but the powerful hated it..

Help fight crime,reopen the area up to off road use!!!!!

that sick bastard should be penetrated with sticks, rocks, and dirt till he's not breathing anymore! EVER!

man shes lucky someone was out riding that day hope she recovers ok .

Think about it.... when they turn most of the public lands

into closed wilderness. The only people who will use such

lands ...will be criminals...Some wilderness areas would be

the perfect place to hide Meth labs, Pot farms, and other

indescribable acts of crime. (Like its not already happening)

Wayne

If they don't ticket the guy, it's a HUGE double standard. Don't misunderstand me, I think the guy is a hero and should be awarded with all the status that a hero deserves, but if they don't ticket the guy......then anyone should be able to ride the area.

Think about it.... when they turn most of the public lands

into closed wilderness. The only people who will use such

lands ...will be criminals...Some wilderness areas would be

the perfect place to hide Meth labs, Pot farms, and other

indescribable acts of crime. (Like its not already happening)

Wayne

You don't know how right you are.

i've already seen the meth labs on wheels out in the desert. went straight to the cal city p.d. although i think it was county. they were all over it. they ought to just kill the rapist scum.........kevin

Wayne you forget the rich elite who will be able to hire a pack train to take them in where they want to go.

I hope that guy gets raped every day in prison...there is nothing worse in this world than a rapist (well maybe child molestors)

Speaking of Prison, Years ago my parents took me to see the reamains of Yuma Territorial prison,,Western style ,, now that was a prison,, we need 1 man holes in the desert ,, no GYM ,,or rape,,, just confinement in a very un-plesant place...just enough water to make you want more ,, and some beard and rancid peanut butter... for about 75 years... Give them time to prepare for the afterlife....

opps bread not beard

oral copulation and two counts of penetration with foreign objects, including dirt and sticks.

what a D bag. I think people that do this kind of stuff should get the same in return. An eye for an eye. Except when they leave him in the middle of the desert for dead, they make sure he doesnt make it out...

Wayne you forget the rich elite who will be able to hire a pack train to take them in where they want to go.

The hard core greenies want to ban exotic species from the wilderness. That means horses. I think that it would be a good idea to ban horses. Why do I think so? It would really undercut support for wilderness.

Speaking of Prison, Years ago my parents took me to see the reamains of Yuma Territorial prison,,Western style ,, now that was a prison,, we need 1 man holes in the desert ,, no GYM ,,or rape,,, just confinement in a very un-plesant place...just enough water to make you want more ,, and some beard and rancid peanut butter... for about 75 years... Give them time to prepare for the afterlife....

Yeah... instead they are allowed lounge around, watch tv from their cell, and make drug deals.:applause:

I'm sure glad the offroader found that woman. I can't even think of what type of physcological problems she will endure the rest of her life.

The hard core greenies want to ban exotic species from the wilderness. That means horses. I think that it would be a good idea to ban horses. Why do I think so? It would really undercut support for wilderness.

Before the Green Sticker program ,, Horse owners were 1 of our big Enemies now they are being banned also,, The good news is the APACHE said horse meat is SWEET... FREEDOM is PRECIOUS

what a D bag. I think people that do this kind of stuff should get the same in return. An eye for an eye. Except when they leave him in the middle of the desert for dead, they make sure he doesnt make it out...

sticks and Dirt wonder if Moron thought this would cover up DNA:foul: