MI.trail riders

hello there my wife & myself like to ride trails together (sometimes) but it seems to be streesfull to me with just the two of us because i ride bikes and for now she rides an atv were working on that though just got her a yz125 we usually ride kalkaska trails thers 90 miles of trail there & its pretty easy terrain for my wife but then i tend to ride a little fast for her then stop and worry if shes ok until i can here her comming so we would like to meet other couples who like to ride and camp and parrty a little.so if interrested let us know here or email thanx and have fun this summer much love to all fallen riders .q-tip.

Q-tip. Are you the guy I met at the car wash in New Hudson ?

Hows your winter going ? Sucks don't it? Would a trip to Drummond work for you? Theres usually some wives on that trip. Memorial weekend.

UTOH.

Is this the start of a Drummond Island thread ?

Just noticed the little guy at the top of the post.

Sorta looks like ya. Smooth on top and shades to match.

Just noticed the little guy at the top of the post.

Sorta looks like ya. Smooth on top and shades to match.

It took me a few minutes to figure out what the hell you were talking about there Rick. For a minute I thought that this winter had finially caused you to snap :applause:

Q-tip. Are you the guy I met at the car wash in New Hudson ?

Hows your winter going ? Sucks don't it? Would a trip to Drummond work for you? Theres usually some wives on that trip. Memorial weekend.

UTOH.

Is this the start of a Drummond Island thread ?

THE ROCK!!!!!:lol: :lol: :eek:

I've been waiting for someone else to mention The Rock '07 thread! I don't feel that I have enough seniortiy - no offense to my elder bretheren here - to start it, as I've only been there once. However, if the discussion will begin and/or continue here, I'm officially in! This year I'll definitely get a few rides in before to get the old body back in riding mode. And yes, wives are welcome there. Mine will be at home with the kids, tho! :applause:

TheRock.jpg

gotmud.jpg

FalseDeTourChannel.jpg

sndmn2 why yes it is.Never been over to drummond heard it was rocky though and better for 4x4's but cant go by word when comes to trails and yes damn the snow it starts to melt & boom more im almost thinking studs but not sure how a

yz125 would be in such cold weather engine wise.anyways let me know if u go someweare close for a day i'll do the same.

sndmn2 why yes it is.Never been over to drummond heard it was rocky though and better for 4x4's but cant go by word when comes to trails and yes damn the snow it starts to melt & boom more im almost thinking studs but not sure how a

yz125 would be in such cold weather engine wise.anyways let me know if u go someweare close for a day i'll do the same.

To hell with the 4x4's...That place is dirtbike nirvana. Not a place for the timid 1st time rider though. But there are lots of 2-tracks that can be ridden by someone that is just learning. But the actual orv trails.....they can be a handfull. the entire east side of the island can be riden without a platted veichle. roads, t-tracks, trails, all of it. So that makes for some riding for the wife if the trails are too much.

And remember....All trails lead to Chucks place :applause:

MY Husband and I ride trails every weekend somewhere weather permitting. We will not ride until most of the snow is melted though. We do not have studs. So feel free to contact us. My husbands email is bruno670 at gmail.com I would love to have another female rider on the trail.

I would love to try Drummond Island sometime as well. My husband rode there several years ago during an enduro. He wants to return so bad.

I would love to try Drummond Island sometime as well. My husband rode there several years ago during an enduro. He wants to return so bad.

memorial weekend well be there. The more the merrier.

What about kids? Does this area have a few trails friendly to 10 year olds with limited expirience? Thanks Guys!

so does that mean the "trails" are single track and how many mi. are they?

so does that mean the "trails" are single track and how many mi. are they?

If your talking Drummond there is about 60 miles of trail. That dont sound like much but as others will attest to if you can ride 30 miles out there thats a big day. There is plenty of trail out there to enttertain ya. Most of it is now ORV width. There is still a little true single track out there but for the most part the quads have invaded. This is not to say its not interesting out there. The trail there is nasty. Like nothing you will find anywhere else in michigan.

As for kid friendly. My boy rode it when he was 8 on a TTR90 and loved it. Granted he is a bit nuts on a bike. Lets just say that most of the trail there is extremely rocky, rooty, and muddy.

New " Rock" armor installed yesterday. New Moose skid plate on t6he way from Evilbay.

DSCN02771.jpg

sounds like hella fun to me i hvent had any good challenging trails since i moved back here from co. the terrain out there sounds a little simaler minus the big mountain climbs with cliffs off youre side huge boulders giant roots bar swimming

trees creeks and snow crossings on a nice 70degree day. oops sorry damn i get carried away sometimes.

New " Rock" armor installed yesterday. New Moose skid plate on the way from Evilbay

Why you bolting goodies on a bike you were trying to sell?????? Winter getting to you this year is it???

I should talk though....you aint the only one doing a little impulse shopping

Bought them off Wolfchild. He bought them slightly used and they were too small for him so he twisted my arm and I bought them off him.

P3040001.jpg

If your talking Drummond there is about 60 miles of trail. That dont sound like much but as others will attest to if you can ride 30 miles out there thats a big day. There is plenty of trail out there to enttertain ya. Most of it is now ORV width. There is still a little true single track out there but for the most part the quads have invaded. This is not to say its not interesting out there. The trail there is nasty. Like nothing you will find anywhere else in michigan.

As for kid friendly. My boy rode it when he was 8 on a TTR90 and loved it. Granted he is a bit nuts on a bike. Lets just say that most of the trail there is extremely rocky, rooty, and muddy.

Last year I was about the slowest of a dozen riders on Drummond. That being said, I was never more than a few minutes behind the pack. The first day we did about 25 miles and my moving average on the GPS was only about 6.5mph on the single track. Its far from a walk in the park, but if you want to really understand the limits of both yourself and your bike, its the only true test I've found in Michigan. Drummond is great fun, just dont expect too much 4th/5th gear riding unless you're using real roads. Even the two tracks are slick and littered with tube-pinching "pebbles." I can't wait to go back.:applause:

Why you bolting goodies on a bike you were trying to sell?????? Winter getting to you this year is it???

Keeping the cr and selling the others.

Keeping the cr and selling the others.

the KTM too?:applause:

the KTM too?:applause:

Nope. The DRZ, Yamaha Roadstar, ( mid life crisis ) and the wr290f Athena.