Public Track?

I know this isn't the right forum for this topic but, trying to get some info from people that might not visit other forums.

I built a track for my brother and I to practice on and have been tossing the idea around of possibly making it public.Just looking for any info on legal issues, etc.?:applause:

Not sure, but where in NY are you?

Have you talked to owners of any local public tracks in your area? they will most likely be able to give you the best info on the subject. I know with my track, i have had some people who i didnt know request to ride it and i had to turn them down, just because i dont want to be held liable. you never know who your gonna get sometimes :applause:

Have you talked to owners of any local public tracks in your area? they will most likely be able to give you the best info on the subject. I know with my track, i have had some people who i didnt know request to ride it and i had to turn them down, just because i dont want to be held liable. you never know who your gonna get sometimes :applause:

Yeah thats probably going to be your best advise, to ask your local track owners. And Its pretty unfortunate with all of the suing crap we have to worry about these days.

Jaycycle, I live 15 minutes outside of Albany.

Ryno, I have 1 track nearby (45 minutes). I could ask the owner but, need to wait until he opens back up. just trying to get a jump on things. No one knows about my track except my close friends. Its in a pretty secluded area and can't be seen from the road. No trespassers yet.:applause:

Jaycycle, I live 15 minutes outside of Albany.

Ryno, I have 1 track nearby (45 minutes). I could ask the owner but, need to wait until he opens back up. just trying to get a jump on things. No one knows about my track except my close friends. Its in a pretty secluded area and can't be seen from the road. No trespassers yet.:applause:

Well If you ever go public, Count me in! :lol:

If i CAN you guys will be hearing about it.

You should check in the Land Use forum.

You will find yourself regulated by the county for permits to alter the land, then there is the liability.

I would only do it by creating a LLC corporation to run it. Then get insurance.

I would guess there is some sort of track owners association. Contact your local AMA district rep or maybe a company like DirtWerx. I'm sure they know who to ask about tracks.

Thanks for the input Kev. I would definately start a Corp., and get insurance for liability purposes. Kind of wondering about sound limitations, enviromental limitations, etc.

LOL, just noticed your avatar,thats awesome:applause:

u have any of the pics of the track yet?

No pictures yet, track is covered in snow.:applause:

hey ryno625, where in washington are you? I'm in Vancouver, if your close, it'd be cool to check out your track.

Make sure you have a lawyer draw up a good waiver/release of liability for everyone to sign so you can't be held liable for injuries/accidents.

Yea as long as u have people sign a paper saying you r not liable then there should be no problem except for zoning aka neighbors complaining :applause: