Barrel drills and play - where (near Los Angeles)

I am getting a new bike (for me new) tomorrow and would like to go somewhere near by to get friendly with it.

I am looking for a place where there would be decent flat room for basic drills. Ideally also some woops and trails too. I know Johnson Valley / Lucerne would have all I want but I will be picking up the bike from too far west in the morning to justify the drive all the way to there.

Is there anything desrty closer to LA? I don't need anything massive as I will be just playing around this time. I've been once to rowher but I am worried its very busy on Sunday and its mostly blind trails where you can't gun much if you have half a brain and I can't remember them having any lake beds or similar for general ripping around.

I think Hungry Valley has somthing like this but everyone seems to think its deadly on weekends.

Any tips are appreciated. Thanks.

btw. the bike is WR426F... mmm....

I am getting a new bike (for me new) tomorrow and would like to go somewhere near by to get friendly with it.

I am looking for a place where there would be decent flat room for basic drills. Ideally also some woops and trails too. I know Johnson Valley / Lucerne would have all I want but I will be picking up the bike from too far west in the morning to justify the drive all the way to there.

Is there anything desrty closer to LA? I don't need anything massive as I will be just playing around this time. I've been once to rowher but I am worried its very busy on Sunday and its mostly blind trails where you can't gun much if you have half a brain and I can't remember them having any lake beds or similar for general ripping around.

I think Hungry Valley has somthing like this but everyone seems to think its deadly on weekends.

Any tips are appreciated. Thanks.

btw. the bike is WR426F... mmm....

How far west are you going to be at pickup? maybe cal city? beats gorman on a sunday:eek: