Sign in to follow this  

anyone ride from LA to Santa Barbara

Anyone ever do that trip on Highway 1 from LA to Santa Barbara? I am on a stock DRZ with a stock gas tank. Are there plenty of gas stations along the way so I won't get stranded? Thanks!

You should be alright on fuel, Hit Malibu then Oxnard to refuel maybe vVentura. it definitely will be fun Ive gone from S>B to Oxnard hit some trails across San Marcos Pass

Good luck

Don’t stop when you get to S.B. re fuel and head up into the mountains, some of the most beautiful riding in the state. Awesome hot springs spectacular views.

If you live in L.A. you wont be able to cover it all in one day and return but you can get a hotel in S.B, Santa Ynez or Solvang and return the next day. Or bring a sleeping bag and sleep at the hot springs. I live in Solvang, just over the mountains from S.B. I can give you details of the area if you like or pick up a forest map.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the tips. I am gonna try that ride sometime soon. I've been wanting to do it for a long time.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the tips. I am gonna try that ride sometime soon. I've been wanting to do it for a long time.

not a bad idea. ill have to do this ride myself