Texas Cr 3/3/07

I drove down to Texas Cr on Sat, 3/3/07, and had a late breakfast at Barry's Den Cafe, then drove into the OHV area to have a look.

The sky was bright blue and sunny and the temps were in the high 40s. There were three horse trailers and four flat-bed ATV trailers in the parking lot. Everyone was out riding so I was unable to get any first-hand reports.

There is much less snow on the ground today than there was when I last rode at TC eight days ago (2/23/07), so I expect that even more of the area is rideable. I could see snow on the dark north sides only; none in the open.

The weather is supposed to remain clear for five days, with warmer temps each day. I predict it will hit the mid-to-high 50s tomorrow (Sun, 3/4/07).

Sounds like perfect riding weather; see ya' there?

Don't forget your OHV stickers or plates; The Man could show at any time :applause:

Texas Cr web page

Rick, did you make it to Texas Creek last weekend? If so, what were the conditions? We're contemplating going there on Sunday and are wondering if it will be worth the drive.

If anyone else made it there last weekend what were your thoughts?

Thanks, in advance, for your input.

Thanks for the update Drtbkr. Weren't we going to get together at McCabe's for Smithwicks, Red Breast, and Darts?

Heck yes! Still can! Drop me a PM when you think you can be there. I basically walk across the street from my work to get there.

Give me a shout if you guys head over there for some beers. I live less than 5 minutes away and need some riding buddies. Especially if you can ride during the week. Brian.

Absoluely, I'll drop you and drtbkr a PM with my contact info. I'm glad you saw this post, I referred back to that old "where do you live" post and saw that you instigated the whole let's grab a beer topic. FYI, I think I'm going to skip the VDR Hare Scramble this weekend and hit Texas Creek...I need some trail time. If anyone wants to join us you're more than welcome.

anyone be there sunday?

I cant make up my mind, rabbit valley, texas creek, arghhhhhhh decisions decsions, ok i made one decision, ktm 450 exc rather than trials bike for ride, migh have to lend that to a buddy so i wont be riding alone...... anyone have a friend thats female, cute and a good rider that wants to go if my buddy cant make it??? lol

anyone be there sunday?

I cant make up my mind, rabbit valley, texas creek, arghhhhhhh decisions decsions, ok i made one decision, ktm 450 exc rather than trials bike for ride, migh have to lend that to a buddy so i wont be riding alone...... anyone have a friend thats female, cute and a good rider that wants to go if my buddy cant make it??? lol

I'll be there tomorrow (Sunday) morning. My riding buddy may not be able to make it so I may be riding alone as well. I'll be in a white tahoe with a 525 EXC hanging on the back. I may try to get there around 9 or 10 AM.