Sign in to follow this  

Kawi or Honda??

I am prob gettin a new 07 and was wondering which is better? A kawi or Honda 250f? I heard something about a 40mm carb and that makes the honda bog, is that true? I was kinda leanin toward the honda.

I'd go Kawi, but look at my name. The mags liked them both but I think they liked the honda more. I bet you would be happy with either one.

Do you do your own motor work? How many cams do you want? One cam is more simple to work on than two:busted:

Go with a Honda those kawis dont last if you ride the piss outta them. Plus the Honda has dual exhaust thats just badass right there.

If you're gonna buy a new bike off the showroom, go with Yamaha or Ktm. Those have PROVEN reliability.
I second the Yamaha idea but im not sure about KTM as i dont know many ppl with KTMs but i know a few with brand new yzf's and they are badass.

I think the Kaw looks way cooler and both are good bikes , but I would go with a Yam or the new Zook.

Ride both bikes and see which one you like better, that is your bike period! In the MXA testing on the bikes, I think it was 2 of their KX250f's siezed their outer clutch bearings. I like my honda, its simple, 1 cam, 4 valves etc, but that doesn't mean I won't buy a YZ/F or KX/F if I like them better, for a future bike.

my friend has an 06 yz250f and a 07 crf250 and his brother rides a kx250f and from what he says is that the crf has to be babied and that he is thinking of sellin the crf to go and get the kxf, but the yamaha is suppose to be the eisiest to ride and hes not sellin that because he likes to trail ride on it

If you're gonna buy a new bike off the showroom, go with Yamaha or Ktm. Those have PROVEN reliability.

I agree.

If I had to choose between a Kawi or Honda, I think Id go Honda. Honda seems to have their valve issues resolved, but Kawis are still known for being valve eaters...

Id definetely take a YZf over either of those bikes though.

kawi or yamaha IMO, ive owned both. loved my yami 250f and love my kawi 450. I have heard of nothing but problems from the hondas. There good bikes, but reliability may be an issue.

Yamahas and KTM's are solid. More so than the other brands IMO.

I remember you CRkid85. You were the sticker nut right?

My bad, don't mean to bring back memories.

LoL , yes i was. So if i get the CRF i think im just goin to get a Throttle Jockey Team Honda graphics so ill have all the stickers i wanted in one package.