Sign in to follow this  

05' CRF250R power?

Anyone give me any good tips on giving my bike more power it has had the head rebuilt by the samsung racing team, piped and jetted. Let me know anything you come up with!

Thanks, ChRiS

Anyone give me any good tips on giving my bike more power it has had the head rebuilt by the samsung racing team, piped and jetted. Let me know anything you come up with!

Thanks, ChRiS

boyesen quick shot, tokyo mods map 10 box or whatever the hell that thing is. lol. engine ice, race gas 110, hot cams cam, good airfilter. :applause:

boyesen quick shot, tokyo mods map 10 box or whatever the hell that thing is. lol. engine ice, race gas 110, hot cams cam, good airfilter. :applause:

110 is not neccesary at all. VP U4 (94 octane) will add about 1.5 hp. Your best bet is a new 13.5:1 piston and some U4 (piston will work with pump gas if you dont want to shell out the cash). I installed white bros duals, and then a wiseco 13.5:1 piston. I noticed more of a power increase with the piston... and the piston i was replacing only had 25 hours on it so it wasnt because my bike had low compression. Oh, and leave the airfilter stock.

You may have done some of this stuff, but here is my list:

1) Wiseco (JE, CP are great also) High compression piston, 13.5:1

2) Send your head out to RHC, and get him to port it, put in his coated steel valves, springs,guides, and his 192 cam.

3) Exhaust system - White bros aluminum 2, FMF factory 4.1 w/ megabomb header, etc.

4) Different ignition mapping, but do not get one with an increased rev limiter, that will just lead to blowing your motor easier. I don't really think that different ignition mapping will help a whole lot compared to the rest.

5) Race gas, the VP U4.1

6) Send your carb out to zip-ty and get them to do the full race package to http://www.ziptyracing.com/products/product_detail.aspx?id=MTUxOQ==

Thats about all I can think of at the moment.

110 is not neccesary at all. VP U4 (94 octane) will add about 1.5 hp. Your best bet is a new 13.5:1 piston and some U4 (piston will work with pump gas if you dont want to shell out the cash). I installed white bros duals, and then a wiseco 13.5:1 piston. I noticed more of a power increase with the piston... and the piston i was replacing only had 25 hours on it so it wasnt because my bike had low compression. Oh, and leave the airfilter stock.

Yeah i def wouldnt listen to me... I dont run 110 i run 93, but know people who do run 110. :applause:

i run 110, mainly for the life of the valves

what is that, because its leaded? :applause:

or are you being sarcastic?

Hey thanks everyone i really appreciate the feedback