Sign in to follow this  

Guess what came in the mail yesterday??

Bike2Mar07012.jpg

Bike2Mar07009.jpg

:applause::lol: :lol: :ride::lol::p :p :usa: :usa::eek::naughty::lol:

FCR Baby!! Now I gotta get off my lazy ass & order the bits n pieces to make it fit.

I also had new tires mounted & balanced (Thanks to Cyclegear in San Antonio!). I went with the Maxxis 6006's. I really like the way they look on the bike & have read good things about them from other TT'ers (Thanks ipschoser1!!). I haven't had a chance to ride, yet, but hope to in the next couple of days...

Bike2Mar07003.jpg

Bike2Mar07006.jpg

Bike2Mar07004.jpg

While I had the wheels off, I went ahead & tore the steering assembly, swingarm & shock linkage apart. I cleaned & greased everything. It all looked brand new inside, with what looked like vasoline for grease. I cleaned as much of that crap off as I could & regreased with better grease. I didn't have any trouble with any of the bolts, including the swingarm pivot bolt. I've read about other guys having a hard time getting it out, so I was dreading it. Admittedly though, I haven't ridden a lot off road & have avoided water crossings like the plague, which may explain why.

Hopefully I'll install the FCR in the next couple of weeks. I'm also about to order new springs for my suspension. I'm wondering about using the 5w fork oil or using 7.5w. I need to read a little more about it. I'm not sure if using heavier weight oil is beneficial to me or not.

Keep ridin' fellas!!:worthy::smirk:

i am jealous waiting for mie should be here this coming week i hope so i can put it on on my next days off.

I am waiting on mine too. Hoping it will arrive this week. Very excited to see the difference this and a pipe will make.:applause:

Mine came in last week! :applause: Your gonna love it. Might wanna look at getting a pipe though.

Or used when you get impatient or are on the cheap like me. :applause:

I hope to get the FCR someday, have fun with yours :applause: . Let us know how you like the 6006 front tire, I have one on the rear and I think it is a very good dual sport tire, I have about 2K mi. on it (more street than dirt) with plenty of tread left

M

I purchased mine off the clasifieds. There is another one up there i think.

I just picked up my Maxxis 6006 tires, it looks great!!! Can't wait to put them on. Did you get the 120 rear? I opted for the 130, I hear great things about the tires.

I just picked up my Maxxis 6006 tires, it looks great!!! Can't wait to put them on. Did you get the 120 rear? I opted for the 130, I hear great things about the tires.

The 130 is the way to go! I love the 6006. Ya'll post your results with them.

BTW, Bear on a bicycle, congrats on the FCR. :applause:

Holy octopus batman! Before you put that thing on, get a few rubber nipples :eek: and lose that coast enricher....

http://www.4strokes.com/tech/suzuki/drzadjet.asp

Thanks for the link!! Studying FCR posts will occupy a lot of my time in the next few days....

I went with the 130 also. I like the way it looks! I did a little dirt riding today & they hooked up real nice. They're a little squirly on the street, though. I'm sure they'll get better after a few miles on them...

The 130 is the way to go! I love the 6006. Ya'll post your results with them.

BTW, Bear on a bicycle, congrats on the FCR. :applause:

Thanks!! I can't wait to get it installed & tuned. Hopefully it'll happen in the next couple of weeks.....:lol: :lol: