lights

ok i bought a set of lights. they are just 2 small lights that id like to have just incase i get stuck in the dark. i am pretty shure that the crf150 will power it because i can get them to light up dull with the battery out of my telephone.

2nd question were to i tap into the power lines dose anyone have any pioctures or links to pictures on the www

thanks in advance

do a search....theres a couple threads, i know theresa a good one on wiring the 230 but im not sure if its the same thing.

its an 04 so itll be different then the 06-07's

and yes the stator shud power them, what wattage are they?

12 v and 55 w

if i put 2 of them on would it be duller than having one

thanks

12 v and 55 w

thanks

probably a good amount.

It depends on the wattage draw of the single lamp vs the draw of the two lamps. The higher the wattage, the brighter the lamp, until the electical system can't supply enough power.

Supposedly, the stator is up to the task, but I know I'm having dead battery syndrome on my 230 after putting a street legal kit on. So, it's time for testing to see if there is a drain somewhere, or if the stator is truely up to the task at hand.

12 v and 55 w

thanks

Only if the single lamp draws less than 55 watts.

Supposedly, the stator is up to the task, but I know I'm having dead battery syndrome on my 230 after putting a street legal kit on. So, it's time for testing to see if there is a drain somewhere, or if the stator is truely up to the task at hand.

i wonder if a in-line toggle switch for power from the battery would work =\

rob150

I see in your sig. you have an 04 CRF150, The 03-05 150's do not have a lighting coil in the stator or battery. To run lites you need to change the stator, about $125.00.

Oh Yeah, Good call! I was thinking about my 230 which has it built in for the electric start.

Get a stator with enough power. I think 80+ watts would be best. If you don't get at least the 55 watts you need for the lights, the battery will drain when using the light. Or the lights will appear dim.

Do the 03-05 150's even have a battery? I'm thinking that they don't since they don't have electric start. Therefore, the stator upgrade is definately required.