New DR200 owner with a few questions

I just bought a used 2004 DR200SE and I've got a few questions:

It did not come with an owner's manual. Is there a good online source for factory owner's manuals?

Is there a recommended service manual (if the owner's manual is not adequate for normal routine maintenance) and if so, is there an online source?

Is there a good online source for other OEM parts that I might need like oil filters and such?

Thanks in advance!

tap tap tap....Testing...Testing....Is this thing on?

:lol:

FYI, after trying a few of the local places and getting frustrated dealing with the pothead teenagers who work the parts counters and don't know anything about any bike that isn't currently raced in AMA Supercross, I drove up to Malcolm Smith Motorsports.

The kids behind the counter took care of me and I picked up a few filters, and ordered the manuals I needed.

I also got in a short ride on the new-to-us DR on Sunday afternoon. What a fun little bike! My last dirt bike was a Honda XL200 back in the mid 80's but I've been riding street (and more recently, track) the last 8 years or so. I bought the DR for the wife to learn on (she also rides street and track) and I'm planning on adding a DRZ400 for myself shortly. But in the meantime, I'm having fun this one. :applause:

tap tap tap....Testing...Testing....Is this thing on?

:lol:

FYI, after trying a few of the local places and getting frustrated dealing with the pothead teenagers who work the parts counters and don't know anything about any bike that isn't currently raced in AMA Supercross, I drove up to Malcolm Smith Motorsports.

The kids behind the counter took care of me and I picked up a few filters, and ordered the manuals I needed.

I also got in a short ride on the new-to-us DR on Sunday afternoon. What a fun little bike! My last dirt bike was a Honda XL200 back in the mid 80's but I've been riding street (and more recently, track) the last 8 years or so. I bought the DR for the wife to learn on (she also rides street and track) and I'm planning on adding a DRZ400 for myself shortly. But in the meantime, I'm having fun this one. :applause:

Congrats on the new to you ride! I bought mine the same way. There is a lot of info on this site but it is heavily weighted to the bigger DR's. Not that there isn't any info.... just not as much. Welcome!

There is a lot of info on this site but it is heavily weighted to the bigger DR's. Not that there isn't any info.... just not as much. Welcome!

Yeah, that seems to be the story with this bike.

That's OK. I'm pretty much just considering this a starter bike for the wife to use to learn dirt. As I mentioned, she's already quite accomplished on the street and track, but she's never been in the dirt. I figure if she likes this, we'll probably buy her a bigger bike like a DRZ400. If not, we can sell this one, or just use it as a pit bike at the track.

Please do NOT do what I did. I took my honey out in the dirt, rather the hills, on our DR 200, with stock tires, and she wound up crushing her knee. CHANGE THOSE TIRES BEFORE YOU DO MUCH DIRT RIDING. They SUCK...if she'd only been on the CRF 150, with knobby tires......

First off welcome, I have found a pretty good all around parts oem aftermarket etc. site that has been very helpful to me. Tehy are very good about their orders and have outstanding customer support WWW.BikeBandit.COM good luck with the new dr :applause:

The factory service manual is the only way to go in that regard imho.

For suzuki parts I usually go with ronayers.com

have fun with the new bike

btw kientech.com has jetting and info on a few mods for the bike. My mom has his jet kit in her DR200 and found it quite good.