Sign in to follow this  

Progressive "Don't go under protected"

Ha what a sham.. Called them today asking for a quote.

They asked how many bikes.

3 bikes I tell them

"what is bike number 1. "

Tell them kx250f 2007

"has the bike been modified."

No but will be taking parts off my race bike to put on this one for up coming season.

"sir we don't insure race bikes.."

mam I don't want collision.. I just want theft.

"sorry we don't cover race bikes"

mam your add doesn't say that. and it depicts a racer on a race bike wering race gear.

"wow we'll have to get one of those magazines and see"

mam you even have an add that airs on speed tv during MOTOCROSS racing events and your add is in a MOTOCROSS racing magazine..

"sorry we can't help you"

Well F off progressive and your false advertisement.

Check with your Homeowner's insurance-many times you can add toys on as a rider onto the policy.

• Like 1

Check your home insurance and car insurance. If your bike is stolen from your home it will probably be covered under your home insurance. In fact, some times items are covered when they're not in your home. The same is true with cars. You may be able to cover things that you are towing or they may be included in "items in or on your car".

Try those routes if you're not willing to call back, fake an accent and tell them you don't race :applause:

Check your home insurance and car insurance. If your bike is stolen from your home it will probably be covered under your home insurance. In fact, some times items are covered when they're not in your home. The same is true with cars. You may be able to cover things that you are towing or they may be included in "items in or on your car".

Try those routes if you're not willing to call back, fake an accent and tell them you don't race :applause:

But many times, anything with it's own motor isn't covered without being listed seperately.

Just do your research.

Well, I know how to go about getting insurance. I'm just saying progressive is falsly advertising and is irritating.

Try those routes if you're not willing to call back, fake an accent and tell them you don't race :lol:

Me and the wife are going through this same issue. The fact is, neither our current homeowners insurance (first american) not the company we are switching to (nationwide) cover dirtbikes. They are motorized vehicles. Home owners insurance does not cover motorized vehicles. You need a seperate policy.

To make matters worse, you cannot just get "theft" coverage. You need full coverage on these bikes.

Most people are misinformed thinking their coverage will cover bikes stolen from their garage. :applause:

Anybody out there think they have home owners insurance that covers dirt bikes, speak up. Who is providing your coverage? I'd love to get mine covered.............

Progressive covered my WR450 with no problems.

Steve

It is kinda ironic when you see tons and tons of progressive advertising at any of the professional races then you call and they wont cover your bike becuse your part of the group there targeting with their advertising.

Anybody out there think they have home owners insurance that covers dirt bikes, speak up. Who is providing your coverage? I'd love to get mine covered.............

I have Chisago Lakes Fire Ass'n on my home (small co-op intended for farmers), and they do cover (with an additional rider) my toys when they are stored on my property-theft, fire, shed falling in, etc, but no physical damage coverage.

Shop the smaller insurance agency's and co's-they are more willing to things out of the norm to attract customers.

.........are your bikes covered for theft under the umbrella of your homeowners policy ie. personnnal property (jewelery, furs, electronics etc)? Or is there a seperate binder on the bikes?

I can get the bikes covered, but it is a seperate policy, costing about $150 per bike, per year. When you have 7 bikes in the garage, $150 per is pretty spendy. Hell, it's more to cover the bikes than the house :applause:

Progressive covered my WR450 with no problems.

Steve

That's classified as trail, not race.

.........are your bikes covered for theft under the umbrella of your homeowners policy ie. personnnal property (jewelery, furs, electronics etc)? Or is there a seperate binder on the bikes?

I can get the bikes covered, but it is a seperate policy, costing about $150 per bike, per year. When you have 7 bikes in the garage, $150 per is pretty spendy. Hell, it's more to cover the bikes than the house :applause:

They are under the umbrella of the homeowner's policy,-I had a Sea-Doo 750, DRZ 400, XR80, XR50, XR100, TTR125L, XT 350, Yamaha Blaster, KX 60 and a canoe with a motor. This coverage also included non-road liability ( no PIP, though) and totaled less than $200 per year to cover them all.

Progressive has covered all my bikes and my sons. They do make you carry some passenger liability even though they are dirt bikes. I have explained to them I race and ride out of town all the time! No problem!!! I have had bikes stolen before and homeowners wouldnt do anything for me! You must have talked to a rookie!!!!!

Here in Ontario, the only way to get my YZ covered is to buy a full street insurance package. $1400 per year :applause: I just have big locks and a security camera instead. I wish I could buy insurance though.....

I bought progresive insurance online for my 06 yz 250. It was refreshing to NOT talk to a human in the company. Cost was 75.00 per year. I had to increase coverages many times to get above that. 75.00 appears to be the minimum online amount. There was a section that asked for the vin so I listed it. I would guess that any un-approved bike would get tossed out then, right?

and a canoe with a motor..

:applause::lol: i dont know why but this made me laugh.. Maybe i just got a visual picture in my head.. haha.

Nationwide Insurance.

I had progressive for a year. Nationwide was 10% the cost of Progressive. I paid for six holeshot awards I'm thinking?

They will insure the race bike. Its funny when they tell you. "We insure it to and from the races."

"But then it is the back of my truck"

"Correct"

"So if it falls out of my truck"

"No sir, then your car insurance pays for that if you have that covered?"

"Then what do I need you for?"

"I don't know sir?"

We had no problem with getting coverage for our KTM SXF. Told them it was an off-road bike only....no problem.