Sign in to follow this  

eng removal

what all do I have to take off to remove the eng from my crf 250?I dont have a manual yet, also can any one recomend valves? best place to buy hard parts? etc??

Unless you are splitting the cases, you will not need to remove the engine. For the valves/piston/cylinder all you need to remove is the gas tank and radiator shrouds. Im not sure what is neccesary to remove the engine, but when i did it, i removed the radiators, gas tank, swingarm, and linkage.... it is a very tight fit. For valves, if you have a large budget I would go with RHC ferrea steel valves and springs and a 2007 head. If you are on a budget, Id go with the factionmx(.com) intake kit, oem exhaust valves and exhaust springs, and oem guides. Make sure that you replace the guides and have the seats cut if you are using the existing head. You should also replace the piston. I have a wiseco and have no complaints, but from what i have read, it seems like the JE and CP pistons are nicer.

I reccomend using OEM parts, taking good care of your bike maintenance and not riding it on the rev limiter.

u can do it in the frame, removing engine for doing a top end only is just a headache... the parts for these bikes is pretty easy to get access to, only thing that hurts is the price... but like weatherman said replace the intakes with factionmx's valves or go rhc...for the pistons i either run je, cp, or oem only... but ypur best advice ever from me on alot of others is to stay away from kibblewhite valves, u dont need to rplace ur guides every top end,if there in spec leave em.. but do get ur seats cut no matter what

what all do I have to take off to remove the eng from my crf 250?I dont have a manual yet, also can any one recomend valves? best place to buy hard parts? etc??

Theres a thread on this forum or maybe it was the X forum.But got to ebay motors-motorcycleparts and type in honda oem theres a place to get all new valves 07 head new cylinder and piston for like 700.00 bucks,and they have smaller packages like just the 07 head and valves and all the oter parts you need.

I'm just recalling off the top of my head so the price might very plus or minus a bit.I stubbled on to this as I was waiting for my head to come back from RHC.Oem parts are just fine if not better than some of the expensive aftermarket valves.:applause: