Sign in to follow this  

stupid noob question

Ok call me retarded but were the **** does the oil go in on a 04 crf150f? Weres the drain plug? I olny saw behind the kick start but when i look inside i see gears and my friend (mechainlly inclined) said it was trany oil. So were do you put the oil in and were is the drain plug for the motor not the trany oil. thanx

I'll tell you what I tell everybody that comes into the shop with a question like this...BUY THE OWNER or SHOP MANUAL!!

I'll tell you what I tell everybody that comes into the shop with a question like this...BUY THE OWNER or SHOP MANUAL!!

i had a owner manual but i dont know were it is. :applause: Can you please just tell me were it is i have to change my oil. Or is there a online manual?

that is your motor oi and it is 10 40 and there is a drain plug on the left side on bottom of the motor it is about a 24 mm plug and it is spring loaded and u just drain it and plug it then re fill through the hole by the kick

that is your motor oi and it is 10 40 and there is a drain plug on the left side on bottom of the motor it is about a 24 mm plug and it is spring loaded and u just drain it and plug it then re fill through the hole by the kick

ok so that is my motor oil,i alrady got the oil (knew the ratio). But its that huge ass nut on the side of the motor kind? I told my friend that it might be that and he said no i doubt it. the nut is not pointing down right it is horozontial right? Thanx

is the drain plug for the oil down there (see pic)

fsdsver.jpg

is the drain plug for the oil down there (see pic)

fsdsver.jpg

yes...

there is no tranny oil in these bikes either so dont let him talk u into pouring that shit into your motor.

its the big ass nut down near the bottom on the left hand side near the frame

really hard to miss

its the big ass nut down near the bottom on the left hand side near the frame

really hard to miss

really hard to miss? The nut i think it is is HUGE. DO you mean really eazy to see?

really hard to miss? The nut i think it is is HUGE. DO you mean really eazy to see?

yeah its almost a 1" socket

like someone stated earleir is like 22mm or something like that, get your socket out and put it on the nut u think it is... its probably 22mm or very close to it.

As previously posted, the correct size is 24mm. Although the size is somewhat large, do NOT over tighten it when re-installing!

Since you do not have a manual, be careful when removing the nut. It is spring loaded. There is an oil screen held in place as well. Study the location and orientation of all the parts during removal.

FYI, The oil drain cap is the same part as the valve adjustment caps.

Good luck and ride safely.