Need some info on a 05 chevy 2500hd

So I have a 2005 chevy 2500 hd and I am trying to do some upgrades having trouble getting info from searches and GM wants $1200 for the manual.

I want to install a Thule roof rack for snowboards, bikes etc... has anyone pulled a head liner down yet? Should I just pull the a,b,c pillars and take a look? Anything to look out for?

Second I am looking for a KOEO (key on engine off) for a signal to trigger a aux electric oil pump. I have not been able to find a signal that is not off the computer and it take too long for it to fully power down. I am hoping to find something off the key, maybe a signal to the PCM.

I know some one out there has the book, if you want to make me a copy PM lets talk.

SC

One Stop:

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/index.php

The amount of info there about GM trucks is ALMOST as good as the amount of great dirtbike stuff here. :applause: Seriously, some of these guys could recite that $1200 manual to you (whether you like it or not!). A scary amount of detail about 800 series GM stuff.

another option would be check ebay for the service manuals, I bought the full set (6 books, probably 15,000 pages) for $100 plus 25 for shipping.

www.thedieselplace.com is a great place for info though, even if your truck isnt a dmax. Theres plenty of folks there (myself included) with gassers.

www.dieselplace.com they'll have all your answers.

do a search first as nearly most of the basics have been covered!

Thanks guys I will check it out. I never thought of ebay. I dont know what I was thinking (or not) :lol:

It is a dmax so it even better to find a forum for that too.

thanks again :applause:

I sounds like you are wanting to drill tracks in for your Thule rack? Why not just use a tower system with clips. Yakima Q Towers have a really good fit to the NBS GM trucks.

I sounds like you are wanting to drill tracks in for your Thule rack? Why not just use a tower system with clips. Yakima Q Towers have a really good fit to the NBS GM trucks.

sounds like a good idea I will check them out

thanks

sounds like a good idea I will check them out

thanks

Tower and clips all the way over drilling-that way if you wish to remove them, it's only a clamp that needs to be removed, not holes filled in.