Went to the drag strip today!

Rode the zed out to bristol dragway for the "street fights" season opener! Today was the first time I've actually dragged anything (legally). I didn't do too bad.

14.679 @ 84.20 mph in the 1/4, and 9.026 @ 73.20 in the 1/8. Not bad for a dirt bike! I was put up against GSXR 600's both runs. Of course i got my rear handed to me, but my 60 foot times beat every bike out there except for a turbo busa!

... I'm still running stock btw. Got jet kits/filters and exhaust mod in the mail.

bristol.jpg

i got some video on youtube as well... look for me on the last 2 runs. 1/4 first, then 1/8th.

Rode the zed out to bristol dragway for the "street fights" season opener! Today was the first time I've actually dragged anything (legally). I didn't do too bad.

14.679 @ 84.20 mph in the 1/4, and 9.026 @ 73.20 in the 1/8. Not bad for a dirt bike! I was put up against GSXR 600's both runs. Of course i got my rear handed to me, but my 60 foot times beat every bike out there except for a turbo busa!

... I'm still running stock btw. Got jet kits/filters and exhaust mod in the mail.

bristol.jpg

i got some video on youtube as well... look for me on the last 2 runs. 1/4 first, then 1/8th.

What times were the 600s running?

Haha, that's badass! Best 60ft of the day...almost.

That's got me thinking now...there's a dragstrip not far from here. I wonder if they allow bikes?

How close were you to rev limiter in 5th? I think that would be a limiting factor in a big-time modded drz, running out of gears.

Some steeper gears would probably keep you up on the power curve better and get you quicker times especially since you're still mostly stock and don't have the grunt to pull a tall gear..

what insane time did the turbo boosa cut ???

Good Question....Never asked him...I was holding the camera, and didn't get a good look at anyones times....However it was bad ass to watch the Busa go up against a Kaw ZX14. They were pretty close to tied. The ZX14 on his first run EVER on this bike was 10.2 at 142 for the 1/4.

haha not to thread jack...but i came up on a new Busa with a rookie on it today(didnt have a license plate and rider road a mile or two with blinker on)

anyways i paced him for a bit back thru the begining of the canyon and thru some lights....then lined up and held it wide....hehehe all that power in the hands of someone that is afraid or inexpereince to use it....thats the prob with crotch rockets

haha not to thread jack...but i came up on a new Busa with a rookie on it today(didnt have a license plate and rider road a mile or two with blinker on)

anyways i paced him for a bit back thru the begining of the canyon and thru some lights....then lined up and held it wide....hehehe all that power in the hands of someone that is afraid or inexpereince to use it....thats the prob with crotch rockets

let's not forget that anybody can buy anything !!!