Sign in to follow this  

Girls and riding

I'm not sure if this is in the right forum, but you can move it if you need. And I know it's a bit off the subject, but I'm bored, it's a nice day, and I can't go riding.

My sister asked me to watch her two little girls for her today (ages 7 & 9), so I can't exactly take advantage of the weather. Instead, I took them out shopping, and, to make up for not getting to ride, I stopped by the local dealership to check out a couple things. Anyway, while there, the little girls fell in love with the CRF50! Nobody else in my family rides, and they haven't ever had the oppurtunity (except for one time when I let them play a little on my BF's KLX110 pit bike). Just thought it was great, because now these two SO want to get a bike. One of them told me she thinks the name "CRF50" is "the most beautiful name in the world"! :lol:

Just wanted to share- thought her comment was kind of funny (you should have heard the awe in her voice) and here's to a few more girls who REALLY want to ride!!:applause: Hopefully my sister and her husband will decide to help them along....

I don't get to an MX track often, but on one visit I remember seeing a 7 or 8 year old girl tearing around the beginner's track with her dad on the sidelines watching her with great intensity and enthusiasm. I thought it was very cool.

I imagine CRF50s can be picked up used for a good price. And since no one else in your family rides, including the girls' parents, and you do, and since you got them all interested and excited about the prospect of riding, I should think you'll be doing some of the helping along yourself. Including pitching in for the cost of the bikes and gear, as well as taking them riding. Of course, they will love you for it, even more than they love you already.

How about a couple pics of my daughter riding/racing over the years, might help your sister & bro in law get a little motivation:

Her first bike at age 5:

RANDI.jpg

Her first trophy at age 5

randitrophy.jpg

The ladybugs:

ladybugs.jpg

And again at age 9

RandiAir60.jpg

RandiCorner60.jpg

Randitrophy60.jpg

She's 12 now and on a CR80 but doesn't want to race anymore, she still trail rides with me so I'm okay with that decision.

OMG that ladybugs picture is so cute!!

I was out riding with my family and a mom and daughter ride up. The little girl was tiny at 5 and on a 50 jumping on the pee wee track. Her mom says she had been riding since 3. She was ripping around like a little pro, and it had to be the coolest thing I have ever seen. She was so tiny, she could barely touch the ground. Other than that, I dont see many ride bikes.

girls can't ride. better get them some bratz dolls quick, before they turn into man hating lesbians.

All those pics are great! I showed my 7 year old daughter who wants to ride but isn't off her training wheels on her bicycle. This is the year for her. My 5 year old son rides and she really wants to catch up to him. I love the pics of kids riding with their families.

My niece and nephew both like to ride, but they have those little mini chopper things. They both are allowed to ride Mom's quad too. Well niece can't anymore as she crashed into a tree and then lied about it.:applause:

When I was up there in the summer we went to a bike shop and she was drooling over the TTR125. I would love to help buy her one, but Mom and Dad are not over the quad thing yet.

So neat to see the little girls riding.

Awesome pictures!

girls can't ride. better get them some bratz dolls quick, before they turn into man hating lesbians.

huh???

One of them told me she thinks the name "CRF50" is "the most beautiful name in the world"! :applause:

Just wanted to share- thought her comment was kind of funny (you should have heard the awe in her voice) and here's to a few more girls who REALLY want to ride!!

that is so adorable

• Like 1

huh???

Sarcasm from Greek sarkasmos, 'to tear flesh' is sneering, jesting, or mocking a person, situation or thing. It is strongly associated with irony, with some definitions classifying it as a type of verbal irony intended to insult or wound[1] — stating the opposite of the intended meaning, e.g. using "that's fantastic" to mean "that's awful". It is used in a humorous manner, often harshly, and is expressed through vocal intonations such as over-emphasizing the actual statement or particular words. Use of sarcasm is sometimes viewed as an expression of concealed anger[2] or annoyance. Sarcasm can also be used situationally for e.g. "the couch is so big" when referring negatively to the fact that the couch is actually small.

:applause:

• Like 1

Sarcasm from Greek sarkasmos, 'to tear flesh' is sneering, jesting, or mocking a person, situation or thing. It is strongly associated with irony, with some definitions classifying it as a type of verbal irony intended to insult or wound[1] — stating the opposite of the intended meaning, e.g. using "that's fantastic" to mean "that's awful". It is used in a humorous manner, often harshly, and is expressed through vocal intonations such as over-emphasizing the actual statement or particular words. Use of sarcasm is sometimes viewed as an expression of concealed anger[2] or annoyance. Sarcasm can also be used situationally for e.g. "the couch is so big" when referring negatively to the fact that the couch is actually small.

thanks

had a ...not blonde moment....but a white moment........

LOL, thanks!

I had to share the pics, they are some of my favorite. I'm just bummed that now at 12 yo, she doesn't want to race at all and doesn't ride much.

I did ask her if she wanted to sell the 80 and she said no, she wanted to ride it on the trails. She rides amazingly well, especially since she doesn't ride much, helps that she's just naturally athletic but I'd still like to get her out more often. Oh well.

That's great! You've probably planted the seeds of future riders - maybe a track champ, who knows... And I loved the photos from bbbom!!

thanks

had a ...not blonde moment....but a white moment........

LOL :applause:

You're right FC! What am I thinking?!?! Better run to the store and stock up on those bratz. Maybe they can become the next Brittney Spears! LOL

Love the pics bbbom! I mentioned it to my sister again. She's not surprised. The one wants to be "just like me" so I'm sure the riding will come one of these days. Who knows, maybe I'll find a great deal somewhere and she'll get a really great "birthday-christmas-all holiday gift". :applause: