Place Your Bets!!

Well just pulled the bike out of the garage here in Canada. Still minus 10 celcius and snow on the ground, but gotta get a ride in... anyways... checked the oil, checked the gas, turned on the key.... digital dash wouldn't even light up. (yes i left the battery in all winter):lol: So the battery is now on my heat register in the house thawing out. I'll put it on the charger over night and hopefully it will come back to life. What are my chances of that happening??:applause:

And i guess, is there anything i should do to it before i start it?? It's been sitting in a garage for at least five months unstarted.

Ten dollars says your buying a new battery:p :applause:

Now you can buy a 50 dollar battery and a 35 dollar battery tender (by brand name) and not have this happen again. :applause:

let it charge overnite and then use your car battery(engine off) to jump your bike and get it started. This keeps the MC battery from having a big load put on it right away. Then the charging circuit should help bring it up to strength. Be careful charging these gel MC batteries since they are only designed to take a very small charge load... 750ma or so...look on the side of the battery for the charge rate. A battery tender is definately worth its cost...($17 at Walmart) by keeping the battery 100% and saving money and aggravation.

Thanks guys!! :applause: ya that will be me tomorrow... except all bundled up like its 40 below. so what should i do before or during start up after sitting for so long??

05 SM stock carb DJ kit 3X3 full FMF Exh

Now you can buy a 50 dollar battery and a 35 dollar battery tender (by brand name) and not have this happen again. :lol:

:applause::lol:

let it charge overnite and then use your car battery(engine off) to jump your bike and get it started. This keeps the MC battery from having a big load put on it right away. Then the charging circuit should help bring it up to strength. Be careful charging these gel MC batteries since they are only designed to take a very small charge load... 750ma or so...look on the side of the battery for the charge rate. A battery tender is definately worth its cost...($17 at Walmart) by keeping the battery 100% and saving money and aggravation.

Actually, they arent gel they are AGM. All the benifets of gel but can take basically unlimited charging and discharging with almost no ill effect. (Does not mean you can run it dead repeatedly however, they are not deep cycle batteries)

Either way they are fairly resistant to freezing damage but I wouldnt bet on the battery beeing totally fine after beeing frozen and dead all winter :applause: