DC Only lighting for Dual Sport????

I am wondering if it would be possible to run a dual sport kit (Dakar/ Baja Designs/ ECT.) on DC power (battery only) long enough (30-40 min) to pass the Ma. State Police Inspection required to get a road reg for my 2006 YZ450F. I would only be linking trails on the road. I have only been able to find one company (lakes and trail in MI) who are making a moose coil work in the 06/07 YZ450F am I am not sure if that is the route I want to take. Any input ??

Thanks

I am wondering if it would be possible to run a dual sport kit (Dakar/ Baja Designs/ ECT.) on DC power (battery only) long enough (30-40 min) to pass the Ma. State Police Inspection required to get a road reg for my 2006 YZ450F. I would only be linking trails on the road. I have only been able to find one company (lakes and trail in MI) who are making a moose coil work in the 06/07 YZ450F am I am not sure if that is the route I want to take. Any input ??

Thanks

Running the taillight and turn signals from a battery has been done many times before. Not to big of a battery is needed. If you use LED's the power requirement is low. The headlight is another matter. It will take a much larger battery for that.

A battery headlight is not such a good idea if you plan on actually using it for riding. It would take a big battery for it to run for more than a few minutes. Then you have to remember to charge it before riding.

I do not really plan to use it for riding I just need to get by the inspection. I know it sounds bad but i'm not real worried about law compliance, there is no arrest statute for defective equipment in Ma. no reg and insrance (arrest or at a min. tow your bike). I only will be riding on the road to connect trails. Thet build and build and the trails get smaller and more cut up and yesterdays loops have to be connected by road.

I think it would work just fine. I would probably build a small nicad battery pack for the job. I've seen it done before. Just be sure to test it before going to get inspected.

Another option would be to mount a MTB light in your headlight and use it (niterider or the like). If you actually want to ride at night get a HID MTB light and you'll have about 4 hours of light and more of it than you would on a full blow DS bike.

http://www.niterideroffroad.com/index.shtml

http://www.niterider.com/