Sign in to follow this  

2007 handlebar vibrating

i have just finished my first enduro on my 2007 yz 250 and found my hands

were numb with the vibration through the protaper handlebars. is their any

quick fixes for this problem, i use std yamaha grips and a good padded glove.

this is the only problem i have found with this great bike. many thanks. pc

Typical 2-st vibration.

The 07 has solid bar mounts. Rubber ones would help.

Things I've done to reduce bar vibration.

Product called BarSnake. Essentially a dense rubber core pulled thru the bar and cut at the ends.

Helped a little.

I removed the bar snake and used a small piece as a plug and pushed it into the bar about 6 inches. I them filled the bar at the ends with lead shot and plugged the end. This worked pretty good but I still got numb hands. I did one side first to see if I could fell a difference. I could.

I also tried bar inserts like the ones made by Fasst. They also worked to some degree.

The best solution ws to install a set of Fasst Flex bars. They worked great. With the various hardness of bushngs that come with the bike you can set them for MX of Offroad or just trails. They give the feeling of 'enhanced' front forks since they can move at the ends about 3/4 in if you like it that way. As the forks compress and reach resistance the bars begin to flex.

So far the best 'comfort mod' I've done to any bike.

or you could jus deal with it, use your knees more

i have just finished my first enduro on my 2007 yz 250 and found my hands

were numb with the vibration through the protaper handlebars. is their any

quick fixes for this problem, i use std yamaha grips and a good padded glove.

this is the only problem i have found with this great bike. many thanks. pc

I had the same problem with my backside Phil, especially on those long road sections. Could the broken finger have had something to do with the numbness?

or you could jus deal with it, use your knees more

use you knees and ancles I know sounds hard but if you use those body part more you can relax your grip and that will stop the nummness.

use you knees and ancles I know sounds hard but if you use those body part more you can relax your grip and that will stop the nummness.

Have to agree there Phil, don't be a poof.:applause::lol:

And congratulations on the class win too Phil.

I beleive the factory pro taper bars are the contour style of bars. Many people do not like these bars as they are way too stiff. Try a set of the older easton pro tapers or just get a new set of the Evo bars. Trust me it does make a big difference. I also like Renthal kevlar grips.

i would also agree with using your knees more. also the more you ride the less your hands seem to be a problem or at least thats how it was with me.

A rubber mounted triple clamp will remove vibration. I use an rg3 and it works perfectly...except for the wallet.