Sign in to follow this  

who replaced thier 06 carb?

I am just curious how many 06 crf250 riders swapped thier carbs to a smaller one to get rid of the bog?

White bros has a 38mm carb kit for $120 i think, so you dont have to replace the carb with an 05 just buy one of those

I am just curious how many 06 crf250 riders swapped thier carbs to a smaller one to get rid of the bog?

Tokyomods.com

It's the best mod on my bike by far... Unbelievable throttle response. You can not get it to bog no matter how fast you twist the throttle.

I tried a 38mm carb insert and it worked ok, but it makes the bike fall a little flat on top.

So do you just give them some stats and they put it together?

yep i told them i had a stock motor with akra exhaust and they put it right to my specs bike runs flawless

I checked out the AP mod and determined too much for me. Then I almost sent my carb to Tokyo mod for their modification, but I didn't want to be with out a bike for a period of time. So I purchased a modified 05 Tokyo Mod carb and I have never expereinced the bogs again (NEVERr). The bike is stock with the exception of the carb. The down side, I have a spare 06 Carb for sale.

how good is the zip ty mod?

I have heard good things about the zip-ty mod... But haven't tried it myself.

On a second note, I did do the full redbeard AP mod, I shaved the rivet to 2mm, wired the link lever, and put in a 75 leak jet, and from riding my bike for an hour today, (there is still more snow than dirt, but still had fun :lol:) and don't have any problems with it, no bog or anyting that I could notice, it was great. It will bog if you snap the throttle at really low rpms (like lugging it), but that is to be expected... So I give the mod a :applause:

Reason I ask is that I used to work for Ty and he's picky as hell on stuff so if he is an advocate than it's usually a good product. On top of that i think that his mod kit is 130 bucks and comes with a fuel screw, hot start nut, and magnetic float bowl plug. Seems like a great value to me