Sign in to follow this  

Putting On Graphics

I KNOW THIS MAY OPEN UP A CAN OF WORMS BUT HOW HAVE YA'LL FOUND IS THE BEST WAY TO PUT ON SHROUD GRAPHICS. ON THE BIKE OR OFF? WET OR DRY? OUR NEW GRAPHICS CAME FROM ONE INDUSTRIES. SINCE THEY ARE TWO PIECES AND ARE SMALLER I HOPE WILL BE EASY. LAST ONES TOOK FOREVER BUT THEY LOOKED GOOD.:applause:

I've tried both with windex and dry. My number plates went on better wet than my shroud graphics did. Might just be the glue that was used. If you are patient, and use a blow dryer, dry seems to work well.

I have put on lots of graphic kits and found that leaving the plastic on the bike is way easier. You don't have to try to hold that plastic while putting on a decal. You can buy decal lube to put you decals on with, but I put them on dry. Practice makes perfect. The more you put on the easier it is. Take your time, graphics are not cheap.:applause:

I prefer doing them on the bike, dry, with a heat gun/hairdryer. Takes time, but comes out good. It's more or less personal preferance on how you feel more comfertable, which would result in a better job.

I usually use windex on both the plastics and graphics. Heat the graphics a little with a hair dryer then peel and stick, that way when graphics are a little off you can take them off and start again. Then just keep heating the graphics and push them down little by little.

I did my while bike last night. It looks great. I used a hair dryer, patience and my girlfriends hands. The extra set of hands were very useful. I only used the hairdryer when i needed to stretch the stickers and to warm the glu at the end. Make sure you don't hold the heat in to close or for to long. I used a small needle to poke poke any small air bubbles.

i have installed a lot of graphics, i dont recommend windex under any circumstance. It destroys the glue. Try "sticker on" it really works well and of course a hair dryer. I like to heat up the graphic before installing, most graphics require a little stretching to fit without bubbles. If you need graphics, Don at pro graphx does a killer job (22ml vinyl) and he does some cool custom stuff.

I installed mine off the bike with a heat gun on low heat,I agree,having another pair of hands makes it a lot easier N-Style graphics are the easiest to install and they look awsome,dont rush it,if it does not look right then peel it away slowly and re-apply,but dont do this to many times,do the difficult ones first.Its not an easy job but well worth it.

Well, I recently had success applying mine. Here's how I did it:

First off, warm graphics are more flexible and go on better than cold graphics. I will only install my graphics on a warm day and with the help of a hair dryer or heat gun. I once made the mistake of trying to apply some graphics on a cold day and they ended up totally screwed up.

I definitely agree about leaving the plastics on the bike. They are much easier to manage that way.

Some prefer windex, others dry, and others use sticker on etc. I have found windex to work well but I would caution to use it sparingly because otherwise it will create bubbles below your graphics and take forever to dry. I spray a paper towel with windex to get it moist and then spray the plastic. Afterwards, I wipe the plastic with the moistened paper towel. This simply creates a thin layer of windex which allows you to peel and re-apply if you don't get it on correct the first time. This also helps you avoid stretching your graphics from the peeling and re-applying.

By the way, factoryeffex pre-printed backgrounds are the only way to go as far as I'm concerned. I hope this helps. - R