Milky Oil Only

ok, i went to the track today and was unable to start the motor, come to find out that i left on the airbox cover lid for washing the airbax an no air filter with me. so put bike back in truck and come home put off seat and put the air filter on. start up like normal now, but will not accel off ilde speed, bogs and dies. so check the plug thinking that after trying to kick and push starting during the day, that i may have fouled the plug out.(looked bad)

put a new plug in and does the same thing again.

any ideas?

next thing i do was checked the oil for some reason and comes to notice that the oil is milky. why?

when cranked up at home tonight ran great expect for would not accel.

but the fast ilde with choke on was fine.

i guess my real question would be how did the oil get like that?

checked the radiator and looks ok. no oil on top of water. possible that the oil foamed?

any ideas

thanks again

steve

water got sucked into your engine or it could be some coolant... From what you have described, it looks to be like the oil was left in too long or contaminated by something so now it has lost all of its lubricating qualities and is doing damage to your motor. I would change your oil, ride the bike for a few minutes, drain it and inspect it.

ok, i went to the track today and was unable to start the motor, come to find out that i left on the airbox cover lid for washing the airbax an no air filter with me. so put bike back in truck and come home put off seat and put the air filter on. start up like normal now, but will not accel off ilde speed, bogs and dies. so check the plug thinking that after trying to kick and push starting during the day, that i may have fouled the plug out.(looked bad)

put a new plug in and does the same thing again.

any ideas?

next thing i do was checked the oil for some reason and comes to notice that the oil is milky. why?

when cranked up at home tonight ran great expect for would not accel.

but the fast ilde with choke on was fine.

i guess my real question would be how did the oil get like that?

checked the radiator and looks ok. no oil on top of water. possible that the oil foamed?

any ideas

thanks again

steve

It is very likely you may have a failed waterpump seal-it only take a teaspoon of coolant to contaminate the engine oil and make it milky, and this little amount you will never notice missing from the rads.

It is very likely you may have a failed waterpump seal-it only take a teaspoon of coolant to contaminate the engine oil and make it milky, and this little amount you will never notice missing from the rads.

It's virtually impossible to get water from a bad water pump seal in your engine or trans oil. There's two seals with the weep hole in between them so the weep hole would have to be plugged and both seals bad at the same time.

Then it would only go into the trans, not the engine oil.

I would change the oil and recheck it.

awww some weird shit like that was happening to me and i found out that i had a blown head gasket

awww some weird shit like that was happening to me and i found out that i had a blown head gasket

A blown head gasket could of caused the antifreze to slowly seep into the oil.

Water got in there--same thing happened to me. As long as you didn't run your bike for a long time, you will be fine. Make sure to drain it though ahhaa.

"06 CRF250R low hours: I've got the same problem - milky oil (on the left side "engine oil" ) No coolant missing from the Rad. though I know it wouldn't take much. I have flushed several times and now have clean oil. My son rode in some water yesterday but not much and used a regular hose to wash the bike so no pressure washer and nothing unusual.

Is there a chance the water could have entered thru the wiring that goes into the crankcase just behind the dipstick area? It's sealed good to the case but I can't tell how good it's sealed inside where the wires enter. I don't want to get water again as it was a $$ and time consuming process to get it clean.

We ran it about 10minutes and so far it looks good.

Thoughts/Suggestions please.