Sign in to follow this  

new BMW 450GS

hmmm, Interesting. BMW into MX thumpers. I hear that Harley Davidson is planning the same thing. This is going to get interesting!

hmmm, Interesting. BMW into MX thumpers. I hear that Harley Davidson is planning the same thing. This is going to get interesting!

That they are. It'll be sold under their Buell brand. http://www.speedtv.com/articles/moto/motoindustry/35268/

Thankfully they'll be using a Rotax engine...none of that Harley junk. The only thing i'm worried about, is Buell is always trying to be "innovative" with their sportbike designs...and they're nowhere near as good as the Japanese sport bikes.

There has also been rumors about Can-Am getting back into dirtbikes.

BTW- This is the first time i've seen pictures of the BMW 450. Pretty cool looking bike! :applause:

BMW mx bikes. sounds promising....and expencive

I agree, sounds very expensive. Nothing BMW is cheap. They better rethink the location of the header pipe sweeping down almost over the front of the skid plate. They need to bring it straight back like everyone else so the pipe doesn't get beat to shit.

I agree, sounds very expensive. Nothing BMW is cheap. They better rethink the location of the header pipe sweeping down almost over the front of the skid plate. They need to bring it straight back like everyone else so the pipe doesn't get beat to shit.

speaking of the head pipe, what are thoe deals welded into it? o2 sensor or something?

speaking of the head pipe, what are thoe deals welded into it? o2 sensor or something?

I noticed that too, there is a lot of crap welded to the pipe. God for bid you want to change the pipe:banghead:

it's the same with the gasgas 4 strokes!

bmw uses injection and what you see welded to the pipe is called "lambda-sonde" in german.. i don't know the english word :lol:

and if it gets available there will be changes because this is the protoype!!

and heres a pic from the other side! look at the sprocket :applause:

http://www.directupload.net/images/070304/V825OZ4z.jpg

it's the same with the gasgas 4 strokes!

bmw uses injection and what you see welded to the pipe is called "lambda-sonde" in german.. i don't know the english word :lol:

and if it gets available there will be changes because this is the protoype!!

and heres a pic from the other side! look at the sprocket :applause:

http://www.directupload.net/images/070304/V825OZ4z.jpg

Oxygen sensor or some kind of sensor?

Sweet bike!!

Yeah I was thinking oxygen sensor, also there is a devicse you can use like that to tune the mapping, it tells you where you are on your fuel air mixture, and you can adjust it. That header pipe wouldnt last a day in the rocks.

Looks kinda heavy to me, could just be me though.

Several years ago, I got rid of the harley fatboy for a bmw k1200lt. It seemed like a crazy move, especially to my former riding buddies who probably enjoyed the "look" of the harley much more than the ride.

After six years and 70K miles on the street bike I can say that bmw normally provides a unique and very pleasurable riding experience. I'll probably never own another street bike except a beemer.

If they bring that same type of unique experience to dirt bikes, then I'd buy one.Keep in mind though, a beemer isn't a young man's bike. Its for a more mature and settled crowd willing to save for a few years to get it. I would imagine that it would be a comfortable ride.

I'll gladly check it out when its available.

Looks kinda heavy to me, could just be me though.

also looks pretty wide to me. that probably means weight too :applause:

I don't like that BMW at all. The frame is what turns me off the most.