Sign in to follow this  

250 DRZ Kientech extended mixture screw?

The Kientech part listed there is for the DRZ 400, which has a different carb. I don't think it would work -- though I hope I'm wrong. ZipTy doesn't make one for the 250 and I really really wish they would.

:bonk:

Thanks for the reply!

I talked to Jesse at Kientech and he said he had sent a couple of these out to 250DRZ owners with no complaints so I ordered one.

Upon trying it out I discovered that the needle length and taper were off enough to not allow it to be easily screwed into the carb(I stopped at the first resistance to screwing it in fortunately!). If you could chuck it up you could sand it down to match your needle if you so desired but I didn't have any way to do that.

In the end I made my own extended needle using my old needle and a short hex tight fitting screwdriver bit. After I prepped it, I had it lazer welded at the jewelers. It works great and is adjustable using a 1/4 " wrench or socket. I did mark one side to see how far it was moving.

I called Jesse and to his credit he said he'd take back the needle but I am really surprised that it wasn't researched before they sent it.

It cost me $20 to have mine lazer welded but each welder charges differently..It is a high tech unit that they use!

Gary