Sign in to follow this  

bike to loud???

I don't believe it till I see it...

Believe it. I use one when I run my YZF pipe on my WR. 4 or 5 db reduction (tested at 96db). Noticed no loss of power with it. Just need to lean the jetting out a bit. Currently I run an 06 WR pipe to keep the DBs under 94 as that is what is required where I ride as is a spark arrestor. People have to get their sh$t together on this sound issue as it will not go away. Only the places we ride will. Everybody thinks these new bikes need pipes to go fast. They don't! They should spend the coin on riding lessons if they want to go faster.

i heard it doesnt work with spark arrestors..too bad or id use one on the trailsh

Kinda defeats the purpose then. You want a quiet pipe for the trails, but you also need a spark arrestor...

Hmm every track i have been to in Texas has never had any noise restrictions. My buddy had a fmf ti 4 on his bike and man it was ungodly loud and nobody bothered him. So until someone personally comes up to me and says my bike is to loud im not doing anything about it.

Believe it. I use one when I run my YZF pipe on my WR. 4 or 5 db reduction (tested at 96db). Noticed no loss of power with it. Just need to lean the jetting out a bit. Currently I run an 06 WR pipe to keep the DBs under 94 as that is what is required where I ride as is a spark arrestor. People have to get their sh$t together on this sound issue as it will not go away. Only the places we ride will. Everybody thinks these new bikes need pipes to go fast. They don't! They should spend the coin on riding lessons if they want to go faster.

I agree most people cant ride a bike to its full potential includeing myself