Sign in to follow this  

S & S gear drive for Harley Twin Cam 88's

Anybody with any experiance tuning fuel injected Road Kings? Considering the following mods ;

1. S. E. race tuner

2. 50 G Andrews Cams

3. S&S Gear Drive

4. Ported heads with larger valves

5. Vance and Hines true dual head pipes

6. S.E. Race Mufflers

7. S&S Oil pump reed valve

8. S.E. Clutch Spring

:applause:

You need to get one of those tuners for guitars.......plug it in and pluck the control cables - tighten and loosen until the pitch is correct.Now start the bike it should sound great !!:applause::lol:

You could strap a jet engine on a turd, but it'll still be a turd. Why don't you ditch the HD and buy something that already has the performance you're looking for? ......maybe something in a sport-tourer.

Your s.e. race tuner comes with ready made maps, have your tuner set it up; it's not something that the uniniated can do well.

looks like a good list but i prefer the dyna over the screaming chicken stuff. SE is just too over priced

You could strap a jet engine on a turd, but it'll still be a turd. Why don't you ditch the HD and buy something that already has the performance you're looking for? ......maybe something in a sport-tourer.

Maybe,if I was gay.....:applause:

Maybe,if I was gay.....:applause:

......He says while wearing a turtle helmet, leather fringe and assless chaps.:lol:

......He says while wearing a turtle helmet, leather fringe and assless chaps.:lol:

Hey hillbilly,have you ever rode a Harley?,TT is for helping each other. Go to another thread with your dork comments.:applause:

Hey hillbilly,have you ever rode a Harley?,TT is for helping each other. Go to another thread with your dork comments.:applause:

Yes I have ridden them and was greatly underwhelmed. I've ridden so many brands and models over the years, that I just couldn't buy into the whole HD marketing thing with so many vastly superoir bikes out here. Oh, and I am trying to help by saying that trying to get performance out of the 'ol V-twin is futile. They just aren't made for that unless you're just trying to compete with other V-twins. You can realisticly dump a couple grand into the engine and still only be within the performance realm of a mid sized sport bike....and just barely at that. I'm sure your Road King makes you happy and that's great, but it is what it is. Oh by the way Twinkles, growing up in the D.C. suburbs hardly makes me a hillbilly.:lol:

Check it out Moose here's JMwr400 post on which Harley he would buy if.......

Forum: General 02-28-2007, 12:01 PM

Replies: 213 Which Harley?

Views: 5,439 Posted By JMwr400

Re: Which Harley?

1942 WLA :applause:

:eek::naughty::lol::worthy::ride::lol::usa: :usa: :smirk::p :p :mad::worthy:

So it's thumbs up to a 1942 WLA ? :lol:

JMwr400 It's hard to believe a guy with your need for performance would pick a military bike like that.:lol:

Check it out Moose here's JMwr400 post on which Harley he would buy if.......

Forum: General 02-28-2007, 12:01 PM

Replies: 213 Which Harley?

Views: 5,439 Posted By JMwr400

Re: Which Harley?

1942 WLA :applause:

:eek::naughty::lol::worthy::ride::lol::usa: :usa: :smirk::p :p :mad::worthy:

So it's thumbs up to a 1942 WLA ? :lol:

JMwr400 It's hard to believe a guy with your need for performance would pick a military bike like that.:lol:

Anybody who rides a 10 year old wr400 must be a real performance nut.:lol:

JMwr400 It's hard to believe a guy with your need for performance would pick a military bike like that.:applause:

Actually, I belong to the Military Vehicle Preservation Association- Washinton Area Blue and Grey Chapter. I've spent 6 years doing a frame off restoration of a 1945 Ford GPW (jeep). I've even had it on loan to the Smithsonian during the WWII Memorial dedication on the Nat'l Mall. I have friends with WLAs and Indians. The historical significance would be my only reason to have one.

I've spent 6 years doing a frame off restoration of a 1945 Ford GPW (jeep).

I used to work with a guy that was into military vehicle restoration and he couldn't finish a project either. 6 years..... I think you need to focus!

JMwr400 It's hard to believe a guy with your need for performance would pick a military bike like that.:applause:

Actually, I belong to the Military Vehicle Preservation Association- Washinton Area Blue and Grey Chapter. I've spent 6 years doing a frame off restoration of a 1945 Ford GPW (jeep). I've even had it on loan to the Smithsonian during the WWII Memorial dedication on the Nat'l Mall. I have friends with WLAs and Indians. The historical significance would be my only reason to have one.

OK,OK,OK, Lets stop the mud slinging, JMWR400,You sound like a smart guy.Take a stock Twin Cam 88,its got about 60 H.P. stock,for 2Gs you almost double the H.P. and torque. Your talking 800 lbs with 100 H.P. trust me, its a real hoot to ride! As far as money goes,its not an issue with me, I own my own shop. We work primarly on H.D.s thats were the moneys at. I live right between Chicago and Milwalkee , Willie Gs back yard. Everybody around here has a Harley. A lot of people I know work at H.D. If you pulled up to the local watering hole on a jap or euro bike,youd be laughed at! Thats good old American pride, if you called an H.D. a turd around here, youd get your head kicked in, no joke.......