Sign in to follow this  

cr250 woods riding

i have never herd of or seen anyone whos made there cr250 into a woods racer does anyone know why that is

because they buy ktms? The previous owner of my bike set it up for woods. so my bike is a woods oriented cr 250

I dont "race", but my cr250 is only ever used in the woods...

i have never herd of or seen anyone whos made there cr250 into a woods racer does anyone know why that is

Tons of cr250's have been made into good bush bikes. Very easy to do.

• Like 1

Actually David Knight switches to a 2 stroker on "Last Man Standing" I'd say that counts for woods riding and more. :applause: (Even though it is a KTM :lol: )

I'm just finishing up converting my 1997 CR250 into a woods bike. Pro Action susp mods, flywheel weight, gearing change, bark busters with hand guards, WER steering stabalizer, and possibly a large tank if i really get serious this year about racing hare scrambles. Two strokes still have alot of advantages in the off-road world, they start easy when you kill them, they dont mind you slipping the clutch, and they dont overheat when you stop for 30 seconds!

what have any off you done to make your cr250s woods oriented

the guy before me did the following

-bored it to 265

-13 oz. FWW

-fmf fatty and turbine core

-bark busters and handguards

-radiator braces

-3 gallon clarke tank

-ceet gripper seat cover

it works perfect in tight woods and pulls crazy hard in more open trails

what have any off you done to make your cr250s woods oriented

hand guards, skid plate, radiator braces, brake snake, IMS 3.4 gallon fuel tank, and an FMF SST pipe.

i guess the pipe wasn't a woods bike part, but it gave my 2002 cr250 a harder hit and a higher over rev. i really like the over rev for 1st/2nd gear tight stuff.

i don't like flywheel wieghts. but that's probabley just my riding style. i tend to rev my cr like i hate it. and if i need more low end i drop a gear and fan the clutch.

oh, and i forgot to mention. i also put on a spark arrestor, but that's kind of a given.

I've owned a DRZ400, a CR500, a KTM 500, a KTM450 and a KTM300EXC and I honestly have to say my 03 CR250 is the most fun to ride in the woods and fire roads than any of my previous bikes. I wouldn't have ever thought it would be but it is. It's light, handles flawlessy and never gives me any grief.

Here are my woods mods; Steahly flywheel weight, Pro Circuit works pipe, pro circuit spark arrestor/silencer, ported for top end, works connection skid plate, bark busters, clark tank, V-force reeds.

It's a great bike once it's set up for your style of riding.

I've owned a DRZ400, a CR500, a KTM 500, a KTM450 and a KTM300EXC and I honestly have to say my 03 CR250 is the most fun to ride in the woods and fire roads than any of my previous bikes. I wouldn't have ever thought it would be but it is. It's light, handles flawlessy and never gives me any grief.

Here are my woods mods; Steahly flywheel weight, Pro Circuit works pipe, pro circuit spark arrestor/silencer, ported for top end, works connection skid plate, bark busters, clark tank, V-force reeds.

It's a great bike once it's set up for your style of riding.

I totally agree. Just got a sweet 03 and parked my 04 KTM 200 EXC, its like a pit bike in comparison. The only riding I do is Hare Scramble racing and the CR flat rips. Never does anything weird, floats over whoops like they are not there and I can stand up everywhere, even in corners. Love it. Have almost the exact mods you do too.

woods cr next to a real bike

HPIM1194.jpg

HPIM1182.jpg

it does need a skid plate

7436730-R1-036-16A.jpg

A real bike? c'mon, it has flames on it....haha

I've got mine set up for woods.. oversized tank, skid plate, radiator gaurds, oversized radiators, fmf turbine core 2, v force 3 reeds, kehin carb, jd jet kit, 50 tooth rear sproket,

woods cr next to a real bike

HPIM1194.jpg

HPIM1182.jpg

it does need a skid plate

7436730-R1-036-16A.jpg

Tell your CR buddy to fix his front brake line routing. Will take about three minutes.

2000 cr2500

bark busters

glide plate

10 oz FWW

gnarly

3.7 gallon tank

13 53 gearing

bigger radiators with guards

soon sending the suspension to factory

the power band isn't as trail oriented as a thumper or a 300 but its more fun,

get it wrong out of a corner you'll bog, get it right, hit the powerband and throw rocks like 12 year old Palestinian!