Sign in to follow this  

2007 Crf250r

I am thinking about purchasing a 2007 CRF250R? My main concern is starting, how is the starting on these bikes? Neither me or my friends have never owned a CRF250R. I've heard they had some reliability problems in 04 and 05, was this fixed on 2007? Thanks:confused:

Mine is an 05. It is a bit of a pain to start in the cold, but it does start in 2 or 3 kicks most of the time, sometimes 1. I have had it a month, and the cam bearing just went out :lol: But i have no luck with dirtbikes soo...:applause:

great bike. easy to start, typical hard to start when the bike is warm. you will love it, unless you ride hard motocross, then there are things you'll want to consider. like the TBT carb kit, and an immediate rejet.

i have an 04, pretty much stock. not too many hours on new oem valves and springs and hinson clutch. i just went out to my garage to start it up. hasnt been started in about 2 weeks due to the fact there is too much snow and it is a little below 0 degrees (celcious) and it started on like the 5th kick. It starts great when hot too.

Sounds like to me your not very familar with four strokes.A two stroke guy?

These bikes start fine and even better when properly jetted.The problems you are refering to can be experianced in any brand,or bad ownership.For some one to tell you that the 07"s are maintence free (valves)would be a wrong statement on any brand.And it's to early to tell if the 07'S are any better than the 06's.Your asking for a golden reply,which no one can give you.

At the end of the Day these are great bikes and so are all the other brands.

With more research you can find the ups and downs on each brand which we won't go into here because it's just asking for trouble.Untill honda goes back to the single pipe and smaller carb I will chose another brand,but thats just me.

my 250f 07 with easyly over 10-15hrs onit, never checked valves, changed oil every 3-5hrs with oil filter and clean air filter every ride,

starts no more than 3rd cick from cold,

and when i am ready for a race later on in the day, its a lil trickyer as it wont start with chock but dont wana start with out it, so i just use the hot starter thn keep the throtle on a lil like the choke,

But that might be somthing to do with it been no more than 10c in the sunny UK

I have owned the 07 for a short time now and in the manual it says before you cut off the bike after riding turn the fuel off and then give the throttle a few raps. If you don't do this they can be hard to start. I love the bike, it performs very well and plan on keeping it for a long time.

Do you have to put a lot of weight on the kickstarter to make it run. I ask this because this bike have a lot of compression.

Do you have to put a lot of weight on the kickstarter to make it run. I ask this because this bike have a lot of compression.

no 5 letter rule

I own a 07 CRF250R. I just twist the throttle like 2 or 3 times and 2-3 kicks later it starts right up. It's also very easy to start hot. Just pull in Hotstart and 1-2 kicks later it fire right up