To Pipe or not to Pipe?

I work with a buddy that has a KTM 04 MXC450 and he's in question of whether a pipe is worth the coin? If so any suggestions on a brand pipe? I think his dilemma is he wants more snap without compromising any reliability. Anybody with suggestions highly appreciated!!!!

The stock muffler is pretty good. Have heard good results form people just changing the header pipe.I think it is ht racing makes a good one. Whatever you do dont go with a loud annoying muffler. Have seen a lot of exhaust systems for sale because they couldnt tell the difference. For the 800 bucks it cost you could get better bang for your buck elsewhere.

The stock muffler is pretty good. Have heard good results form people just changing the header pipe.I think it is ht racing makes a good one. Whatever you do dont go with a loud annoying muffler. Have seen a lot of exhaust systems for sale because they couldnt tell the difference. For the 800 bucks it cost you could get better bang for your buck elsewhere.

Thanx a bunch,

We've heard similar responses bout the stocker pipe but I like the header advice. You mention getting better bang for your buck elsewhere, any susgestions?

Greatly appreciated, keep it coming.

Thanx again

It's doubtful that it will be worth the cost, but that's just my opinion. I would like to see dyno charts showing the gains with just the header pipe replaced. Until someone can actually prove their product, then I don't buy it. 200$ is a lot of money for a header pipe that may or may not be any better than the stocker...

Thanx a bunch,

We've heard similar responses bout the stocker pipe but I like the header advice. You mention getting better bang for your buck elsewhere, any susgestions?

Greatly appreciated, keep it coming.

Thanx again

best bang for the buck:

jetting in order? JD kit helped my new 525

SUSPENSION: springs and valving - ride smoother, use more of the power you already have and don't get beat to death in the chop and whoops :applause:

If snap is what he is looking for then have him buy the Trail Tech -7 oz flywheel weight; I got one on mine and it does make for quicker revs, and suprisingly stalling is not a problem. This is an external add-on that can be easily reversed, if need be.

Thanx Placelast

Great idea.... that makes sense.... we used to do that on the personal watercraft and it made a world of diffrence. He seems interested in this option. His bike is an 04 and Trail Tech makes a -10oz for this year..... even better. Looks like apx $130.

Thanx alot Dirk