Sign in to follow this  

Buying from other members. Does Paypal guarantee?

I hate to bring this up. I've seen some great deals on items for sale from members in this and other forums but am always skeptical to send someone I don't know out of state several hundred to a thousand or more dollars. Does Paypal cover these kinds of transactions? I looked at Paypals regulations but it seems like they only cover E-bay purchases. Am I wrong? Anyone else have experience with this. I don't want to sound like a jerk, but I've had people try to rip me off right to my face. Obviously some members here have been on a long time and wouldn't do anything to risk their reputation, but others may have nothing to lose.

Buying anthing on the interwebs is a gamble. I've been buyin stuff for about 4 yrs, and finally got bit..for well over 200.00..:applause: What I try to do, is buy Only from long standing members, no matter what site it is. I never buy from ebay, and I don't use pay pal. I have also sold a ton of stuff, and in some cases I'll send the goods out the same day we agree on the transaction, IF I have a good feeling about the person, and he's been around for awhile. Also, ask other members about the buyer if your concerned about his or her rep.

In the end, if the deal is to good to be true, it prolly is.

Thieves suck the big one..:lol: