Sign in to follow this  

3X3/Rejet question for Eddie

I've recently done the above mod to my S, with the James Dean kit. I live at less than 500ft above sea level, and I ride in temperatures between 30° (late winter), 90° (summer), and back down to 30° (early winter). I have done no other mods yet.

I cut the airbox hole, and jetted the bike with a 155 MJ, 25 PJ, blue NJ on middle clip, and set my KEFS to 2.75 turns. Upon running the bike, i noticed that it hesitates slightly off idle - 1/4 throttle.

I read here recently that the airbox hole must be exactly 3x3. So I taped off the excess area, since my airbox hole was cut oversize. Test run #2, slight improvement, but it doesn't seem to be as hyped up as i thought it would, like everyone on here says.

Should I make further adjustments to my jetting? One other thing I noticed is that when I turn the KEFS all the way in, the bike does not die.. It only misses occasionally.

Thanks!

I am not Eddie, hell not close, but... are you saying it is hesitating at a steady throttle opening?

It lags at lower RPMs/lower speeds. The acceleration I should get is not all there, it seems. Sorry about the confusion.

I have it on clip 3 right now.. I'll try clip 4 though! One thing first...

{12345}==============>

Is this diagram correct?