Sign in to follow this  

Fork Bleeders?

I was just wondering if fork bleeders are a reliable upgrade over the stock fork screws. I've heard of them coming off in the middle of a race and its making me think twice about it. How often do u really have to bleed your forks, sorry im new and is there any certain brand you guyz run? Thanks

Thanks guyz but will they ever fall off or leak? I just dont want to take the risk of ruining my forks on my new bike

They wont fall off, they wont leak. and Either way its not going to ruin a fork.

I have seem them break off before. But usually in incidents where a busted fork bleeder is the least of your worries.

Yea, like you bling boy?:applause::lol:

Hey... I ran the MP bleeders, the Ride Eng POS bleeders, etc. Just found out they didn't do much more than a screwdriver. Back to manuals via the tanks now.

Never had any fall off when installed properly (ie make sure you have the O ring installed).

Best ones are these:

http://andersonautomatics.com/bleeders.html

bleed them off between rounds. you can definately feel a difference. You can use the screw driver, but you have a chance for dirt to enter and takes a while and can round off the flat head on the screw. The bleeders are easy. Get the wheel off the ground and push and hold for a few seconds. Done!

STR's are way shorter than those, but those are cheaper.

STRs also break! heads come off.

They are the same installed height as the anderson ones - FYI.

Buddy had the STRs on his and they are a pain. Have to use a stupid wrench to get them off and on.

The andersons use a 8mm socket and they are on and off easily.

There's no way they are the same installed height.

aa_fb22.jpgspeedbleed2.jpg

I just put the "Moose" one's on. They're shorter and come with a tiny little wrench so you can't brake them off in the fork like I did :lol::eek: they do make a big difference in how your forks will feel. I think they help preserve you fork-seal life also.

Use Lock Tight and DON'T over tighten them..........:applause::lol:

dg636

Hey... I ran the MP bleeders, the Ride Eng POS bleeders, etc. Just found out they didn't do much more than a screwdriver. Back to manuals via the tanks now.

I guess your saving your money for the Leatt brace you want so bad Shifter:lol: So on the twin chambers how do you guys adjust compression with those things. I already have to use a shaved down allen wrench to get at mine:excuseme:

That is funny pics dude! You are showing the Andersons on the Twinchamber showa forks. And the STRs on the single chamber KYB forks.

Notice the mounting spot is different!!!!!!! THus a different height!!!!

Having seen them both on the same fork, they are the same height. The STRs are larger in diameter and cause more problems on the TwinChamber forks.

How's this? Does this prove my point about the height? :applause: More like half the height.

aa_fb22.jpg

05CRF2502.jpg

Nice Fred. Def. 1/2 the height. If you get a chance can you post the top view with the Flexx bars?

Who's better than you? Good camera. Ok. I see how a thin long flat blade is all you need. For some reason with my applied clamps it is just to close as it is.:applause: