Sign in to follow this  

riding with mp3 player, suggestions?

i rode with a samsung 512mb mp3 player last year quite a bit but broke it over the winter.

anyone have any suggestions on somthing cheap and durable?

i see ipod shuffles goin cheap on ebay, are they durable?

I like the shuffle for riding becuase it doesnt have a screen that i have to worry about getting cracked.

i dont think id ever ride with my ipod.

Thanks for your opinion..

Do you need to use iTunes with the ipod?

Does iTunes cost $$$ to use?

No, iTunes is free...

I havent ever rode with music. Where do you put the device? I guess a camel pack would do, but I dont know if I want to risk that money for a crash?

It is 99 cents a song on iTunes. You can copy music on a cd onto your Ipod also. If you have music on your computer, you can put that on to.

It is 99 cents a song on iTunes. You can copy music on a cd onto your Ipod also. If you have music on your computer, you can put that on to.

so if i have 100 songs on my computer now that i didnt download with itunes i dont need to pay itunes for them?

thanks

iTunes is free...you dont need to use it, but its most convienent.

No, iTunes is free...

I havent ever rode with music. Where do you put the device? I guess a camel pack would do, but I dont know if I want to risk that money for a crash?

get an armband or necklace.

i wore a necklace style one last year and it worked perfect, armband might be bad for armpump though.

The i-shuffle comes with a clip/lanyard. Mine and my children's have all been very durable. We have had ours for 2 years now, no issues. We have the older versions, the ones that are white and look like a stick of gum. The new ones are 1 inch height and width, less than an 1/8th inch thick. Pretty damn small. Excellent sound/power level.

The shuffle uses flash technology (ie. no moving parts); it is bascially a memory stick. Charge lasts a long time because it isn't spinning up a hard drive like an Ipod.

The 1gb model will hold around 250 3 minute songs. It is the only way to go.

The i-shuffle comes with a clip/lanyard. Mine and my children's have all been very durable. We have had ours for 2 years now, no issues. We have the older versions, the ones that are white and look like a stick of gum. The new ones are 1 inch height and width, less than an 1/8th inch thick. Pretty damn small. Excellent sound/power level.

The shuffle uses flash technology (ie. no moving parts); it is bascially a memory stick. Charge lasts a long time because it isn't spinning up a hard drive like an Ipod.

The 1gb model will hold around 250 3 minute songs. It is the only way to go.

well i think you just sold me on one.

im gonna stick with the 512, i only put 20 songs on it anyway and it varies from day to day depending on mood.

thanks a lot:thumbsup: :applause:

I have a Shuffle, the new style. It lasted 3 months. Wore it riding, no problems (I had a zip-tie looped) on a strap for my chest protector. Then one night while at the gym the POS just stopped for no apparent reason, wil not take a charge or anything. Buy a cheap mp3 player:thumbsup:

I ride all the time with my ipod nano 4gb... I had a pretty bad wreck last weekend with it in my pant pocket (cargo's). When I woke up after i was knocked out it was still on and playing... and has worked fine so far. I guess that says their durable...

to use itunes is free. to download from them depends on the contents of your download... but if you use limewire or some other free people to people network then you just need to drag it into itunes.