Sign in to follow this  

Service Honda.......i Mean Kawasaki?

Page 24 of the April Dirt Rider there is a mention that Service Honda announced a new 2-stroke 500cc engine but it is going to be a Kawasaki. I thought this was the last year Honda was going to make a 500cc 2t. Does anyone have anymore information on this new servide Kawi?

The last year the CR500 was made was 2001, the CR500AF is made by Service Honda which is a seperate company from Honda. Although there may be some ties between the two companys I don't know what they are. AJ, the guy who does the work at Service Honda is going to start making KX500AF's. The last KX500 was made in 2004. The KX500AF's are not made by Kawasaki, but it may be the same deal as with the CR500AF's, there may be some ties to Kawasaki. Although you would have to find out from AJ, I know he is a member of TT.

The last year the CR500 was made was 2001, the CR500AF is made by Service Honda which is a seperate company from Honda. Although there may be some ties between the two companys I don't know what they are. AJ, the guy who does the work at Service Honda is going to start making KX500AF's. The last KX500 was made in 2004. The KX500AF's are not made by Kawasaki, but it may be the same deal as with the CR500AF's, there may be some ties to Kawasaki. Although you would have to find out from AJ, I know he is a member of TT.

I know that Honda doesn't make the 500af, but from what I understood they were making the 500cc engins that Service Honda was buying. I thought Honda wan't going to make the 500cc engine after this year??? Is Kawasaki going to supply them w/ 500cc engins?

BTW I saw your conversion post, awsome bike:thumbsup:

Service Honda bought the manufacturing equipment form Honda in 2001 to make the CR500 engine. Since then, Service Honda has been making the engines themselves.

So does anybody have any more information than was printed in Dirt Rider about the Kx500af?

Service Honda bought the manufacturing equipment form Honda in 2001 to make the CR500 engine. Since then, Service Honda has been making the engines themselves.

Really? Wow! All we need is for them to have BBR make the frames, bolt on some suspension, and we could have a real almost-all American bike again :applause::lol:

I think AJ got banned but this is from another site.

thought you guys might like a sneak peek at a new project bike..

kx500afl1.jpg

kx500afl2.jpg

kx500afr1.jpg

kx500afr2.jpg

Really? Wow! All we need is for them to have BBR make the frames, bolt on some suspension, and we could have a real almost-all American bike again :applause::lol:

Although, it would still be a Japanese Designed engine... But American made!

I think AJ got banned but this is from another site.

kx500afl1.jpg

kx500afl2.jpg

kx500afr1.jpg

kx500afr2.jpg

Do you know what for?

Thanks for the pics. and link:thumbsup:

AJ is a member on DRN, and thats where the "KX500AF" thread was made. it looks sick, and should be a blast to have. why would AJ get banned?

AJ is also a member on CR500Riders.com and stated that the 500 pipe was just for mock up. I think he said that the bike would go to both PC and FMF for the final pipes to be made.

I don't believe that Service Honda is "manufacturing" motors (can you imagine the number of pieces that would have to be made :lol: ). What they are doing is building the motors from Honda parts versus Honda sending them preassembled engines.

Regardless, it's a great place to buy parts and AJ does some incredible things with the 500's! :applause:

Take a look at how close the pipe is the the LH Rad!:applause:

kx500afr1.jpg

Yep, when you put the 500 motor in the smaller frame, all kinds of stuff barely fits. I'm taking my rad in to have a notch cut out of the corner and then tig welded back together for more clearance:crazy:

KXPipe.jpg?t=1173254236

Since Honda is no longer building 2-st after the 07 model year, they most likely have terminated the agreement with Service Honda so they could no longer offer a brand-new 2-st Honda either.

Service buys engine kits and puts the 500cc motor together. They use a

250f frame and modify it to fit. They also squeeze a 250f motor into a 85 frame for smaller riders. If you need Honda parts check them out the best prices around and the micro fiche is online.

http://www.servicehonda.com/index.html