Sign in to follow this  

so i went to pastranas house today, pretty sick.......

so my friend kept telling me he has been riding at pastranas house. well, i never really believed him, until he invited me today. so we pulled up to the farm our buddies own, and it all looked pretty dull, i thought, "wow, this is pretty gay", but then after unloading everything and riding for about 3 minutes through some trails we were at pastranas house. i had to sign a waiver for liabilty reasons, and as i came around the corner i was in heaven. we pulled up to a cleared out area, which as i came closer i saw some huge freestyle ramps, a 50 track, then i saw another 50 track up top and another big bike track around everything. it looks as if he is getting an addition to his foam pit to make it about 40 feet longer, and around everything was another big bike track.great practice for free, its like going to a local race track and not having to pay anything to ride it. everything there was absolutely sick. there were some other trails after this, which we followed and it came to be a full blown supercross track, this thing was amazing as well. had some big doubles in it, some tight rythm sections, and some decent tables. around this track was an outdoor style track, 80 step-up, big downhill stepdowns, and a bunch of other things.while riding the supercross track i came over the 60 ft. table to find somebody right in my path of landing riding the track backwards on a ttr125 the kid bailed and by the tie i got to it it was still standing up as if it were on a kickstand, i nailed this bike in 4th topped out on my yz125, and then the bike barrell rolled 3 times or so infront of me and i hit it again. i would've ridden it out but the second time i hit it i went down hard.anyways, even though i ended up with my new pt bars being bent like a L , i still had fun and will deffinitely be going back next weekened.as for the kid with the ttr, he ended up with a snapped exhaust, stripped shifter shaft and shifter, cracked rear fender, side panels, broken front fender, snapped key in ignition, and broken foot pegs, while all i ended up with some some bent bards and ripped grips.

anyways, i jsut wanted to share my "adventure" with you guys, and hopefully i will have a new camera by next weekened to snap a couple shots.has anybody else rideen there?

Man that sounds fun. To bad you had the incident with the guy on the ttr.

yea, well, the kid on the ttr was my friends buddy, so i didnt really care except for the part that my bars are only 3 rides old!!!!! and since i didnt come out injured im pretty much fine with it, nothing really happened to me or my bike. and the kid who was riding the ttr got it worse then me somehow, his hand must be broken or something because its swollen so fat, and its black and blue and has some cuts on it, so i guess i got him too when i landed.

thats awsome that you got to ride at pastrans house!!! is it open to the public to ride there??

thats awesome dude! i might have to take a trip down there lol. does he just let anyone ride there or what? and did you get to meet Travis?

its not really public, i mean, if your pretty much local and ride there, he doesnt care, and you can sign the waiver. the only reason we can get in is because the farm we ride from has a place t park, unload, and everything, everyone else around the area hates it, but theres not much they can do since its more than 300 ft. from their property line. i also found out, the supercross track was travis's neighbor which doesnt like poeple riding on it for liability reasons because he doesnt have anyone sign waivers. still great fun, if you have a way to get onto travis w/o parking at his house he doesnt mind. there were a couple super good guys there today on that other guys property(his last name is nelton or something along the lines), and they were all crazy there. besides that, i was the only one doing anything worth watching and that was still the small stuff!

Thats.... so wierd. Did you see his house? Did you meet him? Ya lucky SOB.

Get some pictures man, I wanna see some pictures!

So i guess you have to "know people" to get in. I dont see how just anyone could get in. They also had an article about it in the newest dirt rider/transworld ( i dont remember which).

i saw his house, but i didnt see him, he wasnt home and hasnt been for the last couple weeks someone said. i guess i saw his house, i saw the foam pit and huge garages, and every house around it...... :applause: his garage was only about 100 yards from the trail which was pretty neat, and i saw the jeep thats he jumps, his pink and green school bus, and the short bus and a bunch of other things. im triyng to get a camera so i can get some pics next weekened. while talking to the owner of the other track, i said "nice track" and he said, not really, its looking rough, but hell, its winter!" so i cant wait until the summer, once a week at the pastrana estate isnt bad!

So i guess you have to "know people" to get in. I dont see how just anyone could get in. They also had an article about it in the newest dirt rider/transworld ( i dont remember which).

II was just gona say that (it was in the april issue of dirt rider)

You know as much as I hate to say it but I think this must be said..

It's great that you can ride a great place for free but you're taking advantage of a generous individual. Not to mention you're hurting the other areas that need to stay open by charging admision. I think it maybe great if you ride once every other month or so but once a week that defenitly not nice.

I would love to ride his compound but only if I was invited by him. Not by just showing up. Ofcourse he's not going to say get the hell out.

Just my IMHO

You know as much as I hate to say it but I think this must be said..

It's great that you can ride a great place for free but you're taking advantage of a generous individual. Not to mention you're hurting the other areas that need to stay open by charging admision. I think it maybe great if you ride once every other month or so but once a week that defenitly not nice.

I would love to ride his compound but only if I was invited by him. Not by just showing up. Ofcourse he's not going to say get the hell out.

Just my IMHO

i agree, but im not really riding on his property most of the time, i mean, its fun to look at it, but seeing as i cant really do much on it im not on it alot at all. we stick mainly to the trails(which arent his, nor on his proprty) and the powerlines around there. its fun to go look around, but if you cant do anything there, whats the point:prof:

i also wouldnt like to bother anyone that live nears there or his own family. and im not robbing from the tracks, seeing as i still pay to race every weekened. and btw, its not like were the only ones there, every sunday people go up there, and enjoy the area one day a week.

and as you said, you wouldnt want to go up there once a week, my buddies usaully only go up once every 3 weeks, but besides there we like to ride at other local spots.

That article you guys are talking about was in this month's Dirt Rider. I was going to ask you if Pastrana shot you with a paintball gun and talked smack to you the whole time, but you said he wasnt there, so nevermind...

When you think about it, Pastrana has such a sweet life. He gets paid to ride and race rally cars. I know that he has worked his butt off to get where he is today, but man, what a life...

I don't believe you w/o pictures :applause:

Ive been there before (not riding thou) , he has a really great place. I wanted to take my bike up there sometime but Mom said no...

Yea get some pictures because im not fallin for it. I am sure he has someone who takes care of his property and wont let anyone on it. But maybe you did i hope we will see picture's