Sign in to follow this  

07 150r trouble

I purchased an 07 150r, when I got home to ride it, the bike wouldn't idle, it would run with the choke on but it idled around 3600 and the idle would go up and down. Once it warmed up after 10 minutes of running, it would stay running if you held the gas. When you rev it up and let go of the throttle it would backfire out the exhaust. I rejetted the carb like everyone on here has with 130 main, 45 pilot, 40 leak jet and it made no difference. can somebody help me figure this out. I'm in richmond va. :applause::lol:

Chris

If you seriously just got the bike home, I'd call the dealer and complain. The bike should run when you buy it, warranty or not.

ben

Who else jetted the carb like that? Unless 130 is a typo. If it runs better with the choke on it's too lean.

Try 140 main

Make sure you got the right jets

If you were riding it with the choke on (you stated) I would think the plug is sooted up to where it might be fouled....change the plug...also you might have bent the float when you rejetted it. Unless you removed the carb to jet it,

which no one does...Sounds like it's starving for fuel....wheres the fuel screw set?

Check to make sure the fuel screw is installed and adjusted to 1.5 turns out from all the way in. If you lose a fuel screw, your bike will run just like you describe.

ben

Check to make sure the fuel screw is installed and adjusted to 1.5 turns out from all the way in. If you lose a fuel screw, your bike will run just like you describe.

ben

Thanks Ben, the screw is in place, I only run the bike with the choke on to warm it up before riding. I'm putting the stock jets back in bike and taking it back to the dealer.

Who else jetted the carb like that? Unless 130 is a typo. If it runs better with the choke on it's too lean.

Try 140 main

Make sure you got the right jets

I only let it idle with the choke on before riding. After 10 minutes of having choke onI can ride it but still have to play with the throttle.

didn't read through the whole thing but we got 2 of them & they ran like crap for the first few heat cycles. seemed to get better after that. we started selling jet kits for them for something like $60.. essentially a slightly improved version of what WB sells and that made all of the difference, the thing runs great now bottom to top.

What kit would that be?

It's everything you need to jet it 100%. It was developed by a local shop with extensive dyno testing. If you want info just pm me.

didn't read through the whole thing but we got 2 of them & they ran like crap for the first few heat cycles. seemed to get better after that. we started selling jet kits for them for something like $60.. essentially a slightly improved version of what WB sells and that made all of the difference, the thing runs great now bottom to top.

What jet sizes did you use, and did your 2 bikes backfire at all when you first got them. You can send me jet sizes to my aol address crs5807@aol.com

What jet sizes did you use, and did your 2 bikes backfire at all when you first got them. You can send me jet sizes to my aol address crs5807@aol.com

They didn't backfire at all, nope.

Im having the same issue with mine. I checked the tps timing and ended up backing it off a bit(turn it clockwise). I moved the needle 1 position up from stock. I also put in a 42 leak jet. set the pilot screw at 2 1/4 from fully seated. WOW what a difference it made. FYI changing your main jet wont help your idle issue. I read it somewhere in this thread and kinda laughed a bit. starting cold I choke it blip the throttle three times one kick don't touch the throttle. Fires 98% of the time. the other two blip the throttle once and she will start rright up. I ordered a jd jet kit to tune the rest of the jetting I will post what I come up with. Good Luck:thumbsup: This took care of the bottom end bog 100% I might have to go back down on the needle jet this thing pulls hard my nine year old needs to get some more time on it for the way its running now. night and day difference though. PM burns he will answer you usaully within one day or so and his advice is spot on. :applause: