Sign in to follow this  

97kx250 for a first bike

Hi Guys,

I found a kx250 a 97 which is running and is decent using condition for a new user like me. I am 6 3 ,250 lbs so the first question is will the bike fit me.

This will be me first foray into the dirt.

some back ground.

I started riding in india on 100cc street bikes at 16 and now live south of boston .I returned to riding in 2002 and after MSF got a licence and got me a bandit 1200.Put 48,000 on this used 99 before it just gave up.I brought it after a crash and frame was tweaked and i ran out of replacing rear shocks.

Moved to a vstrom 1000 and after having a near heart attack on off rouding on a1000 cc vtwin i am on a fz1.I have done track days on it and go on long rides.I have over 100,000 miles on the street...love touring on SPORT-touring bikes.

Last year i picked up a kx80 for my brother in law who is 12 for 600$ and rebuilt the clutch[with a manual and over 4 weeks painfully ,slow as i never done anything like this].I am getting in as my wife is pregnant and i have to stay closer to home and trails are down the street.

what i am looking for is get a ktm950 or bmw 1200s in a few years and do some adventure riding .

thanks for the input

satz

You'll want to have the suspension resprung for your wieght, and riding style to..Good luck with the bike.:applause:

You'll want to have the suspension resprung for your wieght, and riding style to..Good luck with the bike.:applause:

I forgot to add i do all the work on my bikes. first mod will be progressive springs for the front and a rear spring upgrade and a rebuilt.

my fz1 is stock except for suspension mods. Ihave learned the truth about riding suspension upgrades >>>>> power upgrades