WI best place to ride offroad??

Hello all,

I am suposed to move to WI for work in late spring, and would like to know the best place for good offroad riding. Please post your favorate area, trail system or city to ride in Wisconsin, and even a link to details if they are available. My favorate type of riding would be tight technical single track by far.

I have been riding offroad in the PA area for 3 years, and am worried that with the move I wont be able to find a place to ride once I get there.

Lastly...with the move, will come a new bike. My bike before I sold it was a 2005 CRF 250 with woods specific suspension. Will a stock 2007 Honda CRF 250 exhaust be OK for the different trail systems, or will I need to Opt for the CRF X?

Thanks for your input.

Justin.

Hello all,

I am suposed to move to WI for work in late spring, and would like to know the best place for good offroad riding. Please post your favorate area, trail system or city to ride in Wisconsin, and even a link to details if they are available. My favorate type of riding would be tight technical single track by far.

I have been riding offroad in the PA area for 3 years, and am worried that with the move I wont be able to find a place to ride once I get there.

Lastly...with the move, will come a new bike. My bike before I sold it was a 2005 CRF 250 with woods specific suspension. Will a stock 2007 Honda CRF 250 exhaust be OK for the different trail systems, or will I need to Opt for the CRF X?

Thanks for your input.

Justin.

What city/area are you moving to?

Im sorry to say there is not a lot of places to ride in S.E. Wisconsin. I live in N.E. Wisconsin so I don`t know the whole state but if there are good areas down there they are a very close guarded secret. There are some motocross tracks down that way. You could prbably pay a yearly fee so you could use one for practice.

You have the Cheese County Trail. (www.tricountytrails.com) Its not really what I would call tight and technical though, its more of a railroad bed. Its a place to ride though.

You arent going to find much for trails in SE Wisconsin. Thats one reason why I never owned a trail bike, not much use for one. You might be smarter to make the switch from trail riding to motocross. There are plenty of MX tracks in the area, but not many trails.

Azzie is a great track, no open practice though. There is one being built in Union Grove. You also have Gravity Park and Dyracuse. If you dont mind drivin to Illinois, Byron and Sunset Ridge are nice.

As far as farms and other private land, I cant really give that info out. I know of a few places to ride, but they are really particular with who they let ride on their land (you basically need to know the right people). You know how sue happy folks are nowdays.

• 1 month later...