Sign in to follow this  

Another auto clutch question

Have been reading comments about the Rekluse clutch. There has been mention of tungsten balls and changing the # of them to help engage the clutch faster. Also about a two piece housing to make changing things alot faster. Have looked on Rekluse site and don't see anything about any of this. I'm assuming that all of this will be made clear after I purchase the clutch. Could someone please enlighten me this. I would like to find out these things so I can figure total cost for my budget. Thanks for any help.:applause:

I just went with the stock amount of balls that came with the kit, I used the soft spring and no washers. It does not stall and engages right off the bat, great even on the downhills.

Also keep in mind next month they will have the new version available. They say it is easier to install and maintain and has better manual override. I do not know, I line the one I have. I would call them.

I'm very interseted in this type of Clutch, Ive never used one, I ride alot to tight woods, most likely picking up a KTM 250f, so comming into a turn where I would normaly start pullingin the clutch, with Rekluse I wouldnt?? Please let me know some examples how it helps in tight single track. Am I still pulling the clutch for downshifts? Can I still use downshifts as a break? Pls advise.

I'm very interseted in this type of Clutch, Ive never used one, I ride alot to tight woods, most likely picking up a KTM 250f, so comming into a turn where I would normaly start pullingin the clutch, with Rekluse I wouldnt?? Please let me know some examples how it helps in tight single track. Am I still pulling the clutch for downshifts? Can I still use downshifts as a break? Pls advise.

Yes, no and yes to your questions. With the Rekluse you can even remove the clutch lever, you'll never need it again. You can also replace the clutch lever with a rear brake lever for the utmost in trail riding. The motocross guys demanded some better clutch over-ride than the original Rekluse gave, so now there is the Rekluse Pro. With it you can ride it like a conventional clutch or just let it do the work.

The Rekluse just acts like the perfect clutch, it still allows engine braking, but will sit and run in gear at low RPM's with no forward creep while in gear and without pulling in the clutch. You can set the clutch to engage at your chosen engine speed, a low "stall" speed for trails and a bit higher for track if you desire. The "stall" speed just refers to the RPM that the clutch engages and the bike starts moving forward. For finesse work on tight trails the low speed engagement allows you to crawl along at low RPM's. Set higher, the clutch disengages sooner and re-engages at a higher RPM as soon as the throttle is twisted and the engine speed engages the auto clutch. The Pro just allows you to fan the clutch and pick your own RPM for engagement like you do with a conventional clutch, but without any danger of killing the engine during a crash or stop.